my anemone is hideing

dark angel

is there any way i can convense our anemone to come out from the back of the tank??
Its so pretty... white with purple tips, but it like the back of the rock, we've tryed turning the rock around but it keeps going to the back.
There is current in the front as well in the corners, and i've checked to make sure theres not too much current, but it just like that spot. There is less lighting there, and well makes it very very hard to spot feed when the time comes.
Any advise ??

razoreqx

Originally posted by Dark Angel
is there any way i can convense our anemone to come out from the back of the tank??
Its so pretty... white with purple tips, but it like the back of the rock, we've tryed turning the rock around but it keeps going to the back.
There is current in the front as well in the corners, and i've checked to make sure theres not too much current, but it just like that spot. There is less lighting there, and well makes it very very hard to spot feed when the time comes.
Any advise ??

You need to get him out of there. Its common for anemones to hide in the rock and die from lack of light. Put im in a location where there is less current. Thats what hes looking for. I had to purposely create a small dead spot in my waterflow to keep mine happy.

fender

What kind of lighting do you have?
Anemones need pretty intense light and a white anemone has probably bleached and will need optimal conditions just to survive.

dark angel

We have PC lighting. We just at the min for being able to keep anemones and soft corals, were sitting at aprox 3.6 watts per gallon.
We have 2 coralite 65 watt 50/50 and 2 coralite 15 watt 50/50 so were getting 160 watts total right now. This isn't a bleached anemone, every one i've seen is a white color, with the purple tips. Our other anemone is a BTA. The BT we've have for almost a month, and is doing wonderful, the other one we just got last night, its already footed itself, and has fully opened, very lovely, i just dont like the place its sitting, cause i have to look on the side of the tank to see him.
Were gunna mess with the current flow and move the rock around again tonight when my hubby gets home from work. :D