My Anemone Seperated Into Two?!

treyc.

Thats one way they reproduce in the wild creating huge fields..........so now you have two!;)

blutang

Very cool....I should start my own breeding business.....is this a sign that my water parameters are good, and that I have optimum lighting for the anemones?

maryc137

I have a Rose BTA that has split twice. I worked out a deal with my LFS to do a trade. I didn't ask for money, just store credit. Works out great for both of us.

yosemite sam

Are there any indications of when an anemone is going to split? I have read that they crawl into a dark area in the back of the tank and do their thing. About a month ago, my rose BTA moved to the back of the tank behind some lr and stayed there for about 8 days, and then moved back to where it had been and has seemed just fine since. I was hoping that it would split but it didn't do anything. My water parameters are pretty good except my nitrates are a little on the high side (about 20 - 25). Could this be the reason?

wrassecal

My bta split several months ago. It didn't move locations. Wierd thing is the last couple months one has moved in front of the maxijet 1200 powerhead and hangs out in the flow and the other stays in the calmer area of the tank. Really frustrates my tomato clown when it's trying to get in the one in front of the powerhead.