My aquapod pics....

larryndana

well here are some pics of my aquapod.
not to much lr, but i've got a cool cave. all the corals i've fragged myself, only thing i didn't frag is the gorgonian. and the micro algae grows pretty well, i'll have to thin it out again soon....i don't really mind it being back there.

larryndana

i just got into buying frags, maybe i'll get a lps one day. i'm just enjoying watching everything grow now. tanks be running about 8months.

reefcrazy81

how u get the really good micro algea growth.. ive had my tank for a month i have 2 really little spots.....do u just add calicium every day

larryndana

thanks for the comments.
the micro algae feeds off the light and nutrients in the water, it just does well in my tank. i don't add anything right now, i'm using oceanic salt with high cal. i am going to start adding some buffer to get my alk higher.
24gal aquapod. its a purple brush gorgonian.
as for the zoos i do filter feed them. i don't think its needed to do this, but i do. someone that knows more about it, speak up.
there were two polpys(the green zoos in the picture below) when i fragged them, and they look great now.

here is some more pics - two types of star polyps.

almost like i have a frag tank, i really need to get some more big pieces of rock and aquascape a little better.

aquaguy24

sweet tank. i gotta break some rock up into little peaces like that and put them in the front. is it safe to move rock around after my tank has cycled.

tx reef

Nice looking set up. It doesn't look too over crowded and has a nice mix of coral.
By the way, chaeto is macro algae not micro algae....

larryndana

Originally Posted by TX Reef
By the way, chaeto is macro algae not micro algae....

thanks, i know. never seem to get the 'a' in there, that 'i' is always buttin in. :jumping:

nick76

What kind of lights do u have on that tank? Is it the standard PC lights? How are the corals doing under that?

murph145

lookin good i like the gorgonian too ive never had one b4 but ive heard they are hard to care for
i think a nice lil Brain or frogspawn would look really nice in the tank and ur clown would probably love the frogspawn

larryndana

Originally Posted by Nick76
What kind of lights do u have on that tank? Is it the standard PC lights? How are the corals doing under that?
standard aquapod lighting.
1x32w SunPaq Dual Daylight & 1x32w SunPaq Dual Actinic
All corals doing well. The pic of the green zoos started with two polyps and now has over 15 in a matter of 4 or 5 months. pretty good growth, i think.

larryndana

Originally Posted by murph145
lookin good i like the gorgonian too ive never had one b4 but ive heard they are hard to care for
i think a nice lil Brain or frogspawn would look really nice in the tank and ur clown would probably love the frogspawn
Thanks for the compliment
yeah, i've been thinking of getting both a brain and frogspawn. I've been held up with starting two other tanks at the moment.