My beloved fire shrimp

sid2003

Died! I got home from school today only to find my frire shrimp dorothy on her side motionless. I am so upset!:(

the claw

I'm pulling for you. Think positive thoughts. It could be a molt. She might hide for a day or two.

swaquarim

It may just be a molt ,I always think my sally light foot is dead because of its molts.Im hoping for you though.

sid2003

:( She died! I think it was b/c she didnt get enough food. The food never made it to the bottom of the tank. I have to get another one though theyre too pretty not to have! Ill just have to keep some dried seaweed for the next one. My crabs will like that too!

I know the feeling, I lost my Cleaner b/c of low sal. It felt very bland while "Fred" was gone. Even though I bought a new one, It will never replace him.:(

sid2003

i was thinking about my hermits when i thought about the seaweed. But your right the shrimp would starve on a seaweed diet.

lesleybird

Originally posted by Sid2003
:( She died! I think it was b/c she didnt get enough food. The food never made it to the bottom of the tank. I have to get another one though theyre too pretty not to have! Ill just have to keep some dried seaweed for the next one. My crabs will like that too!

Get some food that sinks....some little sinking fish food waffers. Don't over feed, but throw in a couple when you feed your fish. My fish eat all the food before it hits the bottom so I have to do this or my shrimp and crabs may starve.
Lesley