My Blue Ribbon Eel eats! (pics and videos)

sign guy

in your opion would it be better to get two at the same time or just stick to one and what is better. placing him in a 125 fowlr (hinnocous, tangs and clowns) or a 210 softie reef(clowns a yellow tank cromis blinies and gobies?

santamonica

I really don't know if two BR's would start out better than one. I'm not sure of their schooling tendencies. All the pics in the wild show only one at a time, however. And I do know my BR is VERY sensitive of anything that looks like another eel, like the eel-looking grabber tool. He goes right for it when I put it in the tank. But I don't know if he wants to attack it, or be friends with it. And I've held off getting a second BR.
As for which tank, I would think the tank that would have the most fish swimming by his pipe would be the best. My BR takes a constant interest in the coral cats, because they are long and narrow like him, and they always swim in schools right by his pipe (and they often swim into the pipe looking for food). Also the coral cats are great at devouring a silversides that gets loose from the BR.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Wodave
U are a Genius!!!
Yes that!!
First, I hafta say that I never read the long posts all the way through... Your's however, maintained my interest the whole time, so kudos on the writing skillz... But even better are your troubleshooting skills! I like that you kept changing and trying new things as soon as the idea presented itself.
And documenting it too...with pictures... Yep...
Genius.

rebelprettyboy

that is one awesome tank. Murph you beter watch out lol jk. but that tank is amazing with the fish in it and its just beautiful.. great job on the tank

anamilasti

hey is a blue ribbon eel reef safe?
i heard they wernt. but you obviously have a reef tank?
any problems with him and the others?
do you have shrimp? crabs? sanils?

reefstar22

I bought a Blue Ribbon eel!
I followed your advice, except I used silversides.
He's alive and eating! - Took 3 weeks to get him to eat, and trial after trial of food types....but finally he figured out whats going on!