My clam

wangotango

looks nice! i wouldnt say that it's "gaping" persay, how big is the opening? my crocea's "mouth" opening is a little less than 1/4" wide for reference.

misfit

Great clam -not gapping.When its gapping it can be like a big round hole and you can see the insides(just for reference).Good luck

fishieness

Originally Posted by MyThrenody
I only had it for 2 days and wasn't open then I went to Connecticut.
welcome. lol. it looks like a nice little clam. looks like it is little enough to need to feed ***)

fishieness

Originally Posted by MyThrenody
I been feeding it Phytoplan,Not sure if it's taking any in,hope so. I squirt the phyto right infront of it
most likely it will reject it when you do that. if there is too much its gills willg et clogged and it could die, so it jsut rejects it all. you should feed yoru entire tank or bowl feed it.
does it look like it is coughing when you squirt it?

sleasia

Clams are cool, love them all, such great swirling color...Georgia O'Keefe should have had a reef tank. can you imagine what she would have done with clams!

mythrenody

Originally Posted by fishieness
most likely it will reject it when you do that. if there is too much its gills willg et clogged and it could die, so it jsut rejects it all. you should feed yoru entire tank or bowl feed it.
does it look like it is coughing when you squirt it?
No,I would just squirt alittle bit then feed the whole tank

celto

You do have a refusium on the tank right?? If not get one and the feeding can be accomplished through that.