My Clean Up Crew is here. Pros & Cons

eyebedam

This is what I got.
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 20 18 are alive & well
Blueleg Hermit Crab: 25 All are alive & doing good
Nasssarius Snail: 20 All are alive & doing good
Emerald Crab: 5 All are alive & doing good
Coral Banded Shrimp: 1 Hes good but was missing an arm. It will grow back.
Turbo/Astrea Snails:25
This is where I was disappointed slightly. I got about 5 empty shells & there are 7 dead they havent moved in over 24 hrs at all so i picked them up to check them out and they smelled rancid there obviously dead. So out of 25 I got 12 casulties for sure maybe more.
I also got 1 decorator crab Hes tiny def not 1 inch.
Green Ricordea polyps 2. These were nice I was impressed with these. 1 kinda looks a litle rough but its good sized & I think it will be fine.
I was also impressed with the way everything was packaged. So should I complain about the turbos or not? What does everyone think? I still came out cheaper with the casulties than buying it at my LFS. I will more than likely be making another purchase in another 30 days or so. Maybe I can get a credit fro the few Turbos.

jumpfrog

If you're going to order again it never hurts to ask for credit. What's the worst that could happen?

mytwoboys

Glad to see your thread, as I just received my order last thursday and out of the 5 scarlet crabs, 1 was out of the shell dead on arrival and 2 more died that night, then I had the same experience you did with the Astrea snails, I was really disappointed. Then my blue legged hermit crabs ate a few more, I didn't even know they did that, as those ones were alive. I also was considering whether to say anything to them or not. Let me know what you decide to do.

jaydee

Sounds like you bought the same crew package I did about 8 weeks ago. The Hermit crab numbers keep shrinking because whenever a Emerald can grab one there's nothing left but legs after a few minutes.
Hi Y'all, by the way....first post.

eyebedam

I let saltwater fish know what happened & they issued me a replacent credit for the turbos no problem. Glad to see good cust service 4 a change.

dexter

I had the same thing happen on my 2 cleaning crew packages I purchased as well, however, I didn't ask for any credits. i just figured it was part of the "die-off" that occurs.

One concern I did have was whenI purchased the 2 LR packages they offer here. 20-25lbs and 45-50lbs. I was curious when i saw that the shipping weight was 20 and 45lbs respectively, so I weighed the box from the 45-50lbs I purchased and the box weighed just under 10lbs. :notsure: So that basically meant I paid about $225.00 (includeing surcharges) for about 35lbs of LR, or $6.45 per pound.

The 20-25lbs I ordered was probably closer to 15lbs of actual LR which at the price of $125.00 comes out to $8.33 per pound. :notsure:
However, I will probably still make a majority of purchases from here as the customer service is very good.

Just my 2 cents.

Dxtr