My clown just got sucked into my power head

light10977

Well he seemed like he was doing alright but then started acting funny and my coral banded shrimp took him under his arms and now my porcelin crab is making light work of him. (actually pretty slowly) It was a sad day for me.

jerth6932

Originally Posted by light10977
Well he seemed like he was doing alright but then started acting funny and my coral banded shrimp took him under his arms and now my porcelin crab is making light work of him. (actually pretty slowly) It was a sad day for me.
I am sorry to hear that.... I lost my Algea Blenny tonight too.... so I am in mourning also!!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by light10977
I always thought porcelin crabs were filter feeders and not meat eaters, boy was I wrong
crabs are evil!!!!

thegrog

Crabs are opportunistic omnivores, they will eat whatever they can get.
I am soooo sorry for your loss. I just lost a pair of clowns to faulty equipment (heater) and know how hard it is. Funny how we get attached to those little guys!

wla1610

I had the same thing happen to my male true perc. It was really sad. I found him after he had been there for about 10 hours. I hoped he'd make it but he didn't. I should have pulled him out right away and given him the proper death.
Now I have a pair of GSM. It's just not the same. I'll have to get another pair. Maybe a onyx pair.