My devoted black mollies gone today. :(

olga

Yes, I used them to cycle my tank. Please don't shout at me. I know it was not fair on the poor fish. I gave them to LFS today. I had three to cycle tank, and they all survived the ordeal. I only returned two, as I after chasing last one (third) in the tank, I failed catch him. (he probably knew was awaiting him, and gone into hiding)
I wanted to free "bio load", in case I want to get one more fish in the future. My husband called me every very bad name under the sky (not to be stated on the forum). Because he knows, that LFS going to sell my mollies to somebody else who just started to cycle tank, and it will be another horrible ordeal for them.

To make matter worse! The owner of LFS, said that my female black molly is pregnant, and probably only 4-6 days to go before she will have frys. (or maybe he made this up, to make me feel even more guilty about it).
I know its ridiculous, but I do miss them now. They were my first "marine fish" even though they were converted from freshwater.

olga

Alyssia: from about 8am on the morning until 10 in the night.. which is about 14 hours.
I had a bit of LR, but not much for a cycling. I did not used shrimp also to cycle, as I gone away, and did not want to comeback to the stinking house! lol
When I was converting black mollies to marine, I was taking the water from the tank during 16 hours, mixed the salt and adding it more and more in the tank every hour or so during 16 hours, until I achieved right salinity.
Then I gone away for 12 days, put an auto feeder (with a flakes). When I comeback, all my mollies still alive and happy. They were a little soldiers!
I tell you honestly, when I comeback from the 12 days, absence, I thought i might find three dead floaters, (I was dreading it!) but they all were happily swimming around. :)