My DIY see through tank stand (in the works)

teamsleep

That ended up turning out to be really nice. Glad to hear that everything went ok with the move. Two questions for you. What is the plastic thing with the holes in it at the end with the powerheads? Have your clowns picked on each other at all? Everything looks great, good placement for the corals.

maingo

Originally Posted by teamsleep
That ended up turning out to be really nice. Glad to hear that everything went ok with the move. Two questions for you. What is the plastic thing with the holes in it at the end with the powerheads? Have your clowns picked on each other at all? Everything looks great, good placement for the corals.
That plastic box is what I think your asking about, its my hang on back overflow. The two clowns do get at it from time to time but not enough to move one I find. They more or less just run each other out of there space when they get to close to one another.

krisfl

Awsome stand and tank. I am in the design stage of doing the samething. I have one big room in the middle of my house and I want to use the tank as a room divider. I was planing to get a 75g but I think I might go with 90 after looking at your tank. Once I start I will take photos and post them. Right now its just drawings but will be my 1st tank larger than 8g

maingo

Originally Posted by KrisFL
Awsome stand and tank. I am in the design stage of doing the samething. I have one big room in the middle of my house and I want to use the tank as a room divider. I was planing to get a 75g but I think I might go with 90 after looking at your tank. Once I start I will take photos and post them. Right now its just drawings but will be my 1st tank larger than 8g
Thanks, I'm loving the fact I have nearly a 360 degree look around the tank now. Lots more room for corals now too.

brandan

Awesome setup. I think I have the skill to do something like this, but just not the money
. I think I would do a tank like a 40gal breeder tank, or something or that proportion but bigger. That would give you plenty or room "deep" enough to stack rock to the top!!!

maingo

Woohoo!! This is my first thread to ever hit 2 pages, sorry just so excited
***) And thank you all for the great compliments, I'm thrilled to see so many like my new setup