My dog hates my new fascination!!!

hallk2342

My dog hates the fact I am spending all my time on my new fishy friends, and not with her. She tries to keep getting inbetween me and my fish tank, it is quite funny.

hallk2342

Yeah I rinsed it out pretty good with some bleach and hot water. I got it as clean as I could. By the way, does anyone know why my fish keep dying?:thinking: :notsure:

obarrera

Originally posted by hallk2342
Yeah I rinsed it out pretty good with some bleach and hot water. I got it as clean as I could. By the way, does anyone know why my fish keep dying?:thinking: :notsure:

I wouldn't use that gas tank for my water tank,that could be the reason why you're fish are dying,I mean it was used for gas right?
It if was new then no problem.
How old is your tank?

hallk2342

Well actually it wasn't just for gas, I used it for my weedwacker's fuel, part oil, and part gasoline. You know you have to mix the oil and the gas for the weedwacker to properly run.

sevenley

Is she a chocolate lab? My daughter has one. I love that breed! My cat watches my 10 gal. hex and tries to paw at the fish.
Yeah, now that spring is coming on, that gas can will have to do double duty again.
Lee

hallk2342

Originally posted by Sevenley
Is she a chocolate lab? My daughter has one. I love that breed! My cat watches my 10 gal. hex and tries to paw at the fish.
Yeah, now that spring is coming on, that gas can will have to do double duty again.
Lee

Actually she is a weimeriener, or how ever you spell it, AKA spoiled brat....

hallk2342

What if I let the gas can sit over night with continious flow of RO water going into it, and possibly some bleach, would that work to hold my top off water?

hallk2342

Alright folks I am busted. Maybe I shouldn't of said that in the new hobbyists forum. I am joking, it was new when I bought it. I would recomend using one of these plastic gas tanks for ro water too anyone who doesn't make their own RO water. Very usefull.

hydro

Originally posted by hallk2342
What if I let the gas can sit over night with continious flow of RO water going into it, and possibly some bleach, would that work to hold my top off water?

once petroleum is introduced into a plastic container,,,,,it will never fully be released by the plastic..........u should go buy a new gas can if u want to use one.......