My Emerald Crab

M

mrpepper

Hey I just got an Emerald Crab yesterday and overnight it hasn't been all that active. Its frozen and upside down between two rocks. I observed it and occasionally the crab moves its claws and then freezes again for like another 3 mins. Does it take a while for the crab to become active. I figured since i have all this hair algae he would be happily active and eating it.

woody189

I just added my first emerald to my tank a few days ago...When i 1st put em in he did the same thing...Just hung upside down under a rock....
I was worried he was gonna be like my camelback shrimp and be waste of money and hide all the time..
Now after a day or two he comes out A LOT more. He climes the rocks and is really cool... I'm going to add another one soon and hope they don't fight. I woul djust give it another day or 2

M

mrpepper

sweet thanks i thought my emerald like parished right when i put him in.

oneradtek

my emerald ill see for a while then it disappears for a month on end and i dont see it........they are really strange but really cool to watch...enjoy it

gmann1139

My emerald has been a hider since I got it.
The only time I've really see it crawl fast is when it's chased my fancy Nass snail. Other than that, it just hangs around upside down, watching me watch it.

I think your emerald is fine. Mine was pretty active when I first got it, but now I see it one time a day, and that's when he eats.
I had an outbreak of hair algae in my tank not to long ago, and he didn't touch the hair algae.