My Failed Adventure with Ich Attack by Kordon *Update*

ntracy

Hello all,
I just wanted give an update and let everyone know that it's been almost two weeks and I have not had an outbreak of ich yet. The hippo tang seems very happy. There's not one white spot on him and he has beautiful coloring, swimming around actively. We have had no deaths. I have a percula that is hosting the most beautiful neon green LTA i've ever seen... it's almost the size of a dinner plate!
This is a result to a garlic and vitamin soak in the food... and a little luck, of course!

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by ntracy
http:///forum/post/2682310
Hello all,
I just wanted give an update and let everyone know that it's been almost two weeks and I have not had an outbreak of ich yet. The hippo tang seems very happy. There's not one white spot on him and he has beautiful coloring, swimming around actively. We have had no deaths. I have a percula that is hosting the most beautiful neon green LTA i've ever seen... it's almost the size of a dinner plate!
This is a result to a garlic and vitamin soak in the food... and a little luck, of course!
Good to hear your spirits have lifted. Hope everything works out for you

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Its too soon to breath a sigh of relief at this point. If everything is ok in another week or so, then ok.

R

rcreations

That's great to hear! I was able to free my old 65 gal of ich using garlic as well. Ich free now for 5+ months and I have a Powder Blue Tang which is known to be an ich magnet. Before the tang people think I'm keeping one in a 65, no worry... it's now in a 150gal.
btw, welcome back.

T

tizzo

Oh I'm glad you didn't leave.

I too am glad your fish are doing better.

ntracy

Here's a pic of my hippo tang. I took a week-long vacation and got back yesterday, and was shocked with how much my tang grew!!! Holy crap I'm going to need to get that 95 tank started much sooner than later. Anyway just wanted to send this pic to show how healthy he looks... I did flash him with the camera, but you can tell he doesn't have a spot on him, and his colors really react under the photons... if he were sick, I don't think he'd be a vibrant.
It's been about a month and I have not had a single outbreak of ich... even my tiger watchman and spotted mandarin (who are bottom feeders) don't show any signs.