my featherduster's growing a new crown!

alix2.0

he dropped the old one like a week ago during a tank disaster, now the crowns only about 1cm long, its kinda cool, so i thought id post it. ima try to get a pic.
kay here it is, crappy cell phone picture but you can still see it...

octoman

Originally Posted by alix2.0
he dropped the old one like a week ago during a tank disaster, now the crowns only about 1cm long, its kinda cool, so i thought id post it. ima try to get a pic.
kay here it is, crappy cell phone picture but you can still see it...

mine did that a 4-5 times until it no longer came back. About 1 months later, the tube disappeared. Next thing I knew there were hundreds of little worms on my tanks.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by octoman
mine did that a 4-5 times until it no longer came back. About 1 months later, the tube disappeared. Next thing I knew there were hundreds of little worms on my tanks.
how long did you have it before it started doing that? ive had mine a couple months, and the crown just disappeared. no feathers in the tank or anything.

octoman

Originally Posted by alix2.0
how long did you have it before it started doing that? ive had mine a couple months, and the crown just disappeared. no feathers in the tank or anything.
about 1year. its in my daugters 30gal octo tank

earlybird

Mine dropped it's crown and withing 3 or 4 weeks it was back to original size. They grow back very fast.

I did a fresh water dip on the rock mine is in and it cause him to "drop his crown" about 5 minutes later. That was yesterday. I hope he makes it.