My female clown jumped out

mabee

I woke up this morning and did what I normally do in the mornings, I go to my aquarium and look at my fish.
This morning I couldn't see both my clowns in the tank and when I look down I see that my female clown had jumped out over night and ended up on the floor

Now I was wondering if this is affected the other clown that I have (I bought them as a couple)
Can I get another wild percula clown or will he not accept it?
It's hard to tell if fish actually can be sad but he swam around very slowly today and didn't seem to be as full of energy as he normally do but who knows.... btw can you have any number of clowns in multiples of two or is it risky to try anything more than two
I also bought a single Banggai Cardinal could I get company for him to or will he be just fine by himself.
Thanks

ginarox

sorry for you lost!!!!!what do you think could have made your clown fish jump out??,i think i would try to find out why, before i would purchase any more fish,,thats just my opinion....good luck...have a great day....

fishgeek01

As for the clowns, you may be able to repair him, the trick will be to get one smaller than your male since he is already in the tank and will be the dominant one from day one. He will turn into the female and the new one will be your male. The trick to it is to find a young clown that has not changed sexes yet one that is a juvi.
In regards to the cardinal fish you would have to make sure that it is a female. Males are very territorial and will kill any other male in their territory. If it is a male then you will have to find a female. If it is a female you should be able to put another in no problem. It is very hard to --- a cardinal fish, unless they are of adult size. If you have a pic i may be able to help with that. I have a breeding pair of them right now, and can instantly tell my male from my female. I am about 85% accurate on sexing them. Let me know if i can be of any more help,
and one more thing just like the above post i would fiugre out why your clown jumped, or try and make it so that it cant happen again. egg crate will allow for maximum air flow over the tank without hampering your light output and it makes the top safe for your fishies...