My First Acan

paintballer768

Very pretty Kevin. Im on the hunt for some like that, with the white outside, except I want rainbows :)
Acans always are hungry, mine almost always have their feeders out. That brings me to my next point too, anything that falls into it is toast (in most cases)

kevin34

What do they eat? frozen mysis? and spot feeding isnt a must right? just helps speed up growth?

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2770293
What do they eat? frozen mysis? and spot feeding isnt a must right? just helps speed up growth?
Spot feeding is not required, but feeding them definitely increases growth. Mysis, silversides, anything meaty, chopped up to their size. Theyre very hardy, you shouldnt have any problems with em

kevin34

got it today. doesnt look exactly like the pic but still very nice. I am waiting for it to get settled in the tank and inflate fully. maybe the colors will come out more. I fed it right away and its already eating mysis

kevin34

here it is. not quite fully inflated but its getting there. starting to look more like the picture with the orange and red really starting to show.

rotarymagic

That's crazy, typically items you receive look worse than the stock photo haha. That sucker is gonna spread in no time!!!

rtspeed

there is a guy here in chicago that works at the shed aquarium, now this might sound crazy but he's speciality is acans and he buy earth worms and chops them up and feeds them to the acans every morning and you want to talk about growth. He averages about 2 to 3 new heads every month. I believe he biggest colony has something like a 130 heads to it.