My First BioCube!

bdhb12

Just got my bioube cycling & some Pics! I would Like some opinions on My aqua scape!
front

right side

left side

I have a fudge w macro algae but am unsure what Kind will have pics of it soon. What do You guys think?

nano-newb1983

i dont see why not.. Also i wouldnt have the rock lay against the wall as much. It will create dead spots in the flow

everest

congrats on the new tank and welcome

the aquascpae looks great, but if i were you, id rearrange it so that there were some larger crevices for fish to swim through and such. other than that, it looks great! what are you planning on keeping in there?

d-dzel

Don't you like when it looks all cloudy and nasty?
Looks nice! You'll probably end up moving your LR all round once you stat adding corals and stuff, but I do like how it looks.
As for CUC, I added 15 nassarius snails, 1 turbo, 1 emerald crab and a shrimp

bdhb12

Any suggestions on type of shrimp? I like coral banded and peppermint. Can I add more crabs? Just one more? (one of me favorite sea animals)

bdhb12

Here are some parameters:
on 2-2-09
SG-1.022
PH-7.8
Trate-0
Trite-0
Monia-8.0+ppm
on 2-5-09
SG-1.027
Sal-35ppm
PH-8.4
Monia-8.0+ppm
Trate-5-10ppm
Trite-5.0+ppm
My ammonia seems really friggin high it goes real dark on my test kit which seems to indicate higher than the kit can read.
Is this spike too big?

bdhb12

Anyone?
I also seem to have quite a few very small bubbles. Any ideas why? I have a bag of chemipure sitting where the sponge used to be should I move it?

zoie2

congratts on the bio cube. It does look good, but you will most definately change your rock around.
I have a 12 gal aquapod. I kept my sponge in the chamber, but I cut some off the top and put a bag of purigen on top of the sponge. The intake screen is high so my water comes in the screen, over the purigen and through the sponge. It works pretty good.
I put a heater in the second chamber and upgraded my pump to the maxi jet 900.
I just ordered the 6 gal. bio cube!! I'm soo excited!
watch out this hobby is adicting!

nitschke65

Peppermint shrimp bring the bonus of aptasia control. I had one for a while. (haven't seen him in weeks) As for the rest of the cuc in my bc29, around 10 nassarius, 6 hermits, and an emerald. I do also have a lawnmower blenny who will probably move to my 75 when he gets bigger.

bdhb12

Keeping the chemipure in the third chamber doesn't seem to be working all that well, it restricts the water flow if I submerge it fully if not, it has to be half out. The first chamber has the heater and the biocube protein skimmer dunno how to fit it in there cause i'm afraid the skimmer will suck it up. Is it ok to only have it half submerged? I'm afraid it's current location is causing the little bubbles.

zoie2

I had a protien skimmer and got rid of it 3 months later because it put tiny bubbles in my wine...no water. are you sure it's not comming from your skimmer?
Ihad it in the 2nd chamber but could never get the water level right for it to work good.

bdhb12

The skimmer is in chamber one, some of the bubbles make it to the second chamber but they are quite large. When I remove the chemipure bag the bubbles reduce immediately. Can't figure this out glad I have time before the fish come in... How are my tests? They seem weird to me.