My first clam any tips? Pics Included.

sailfin

Originally posted by Brooklyn Johnny
Sailfin I believe you meant T. maxima instead of "T. hippo". You may be referring to Hippopus hippopus, the ugly stepchild of the Tridacna genus that requires less light...

I did. I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I am at work without my books in front of me. I still haven't learned as much as those of you who have already been keeping these creatures. Thanks for the correction!!!!:yes:

brooklyn johnny

Originally posted by sailfin
I did. I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I am at work without my books in front of me. I still haven't learned as much as those of you who have already been keeping these creatures. Thanks for the correction!!!!:yes:

No worries... I too am at work

Neowind don't worry about the blenny unless he messes with the mantle...

deansreef

That is definetaly a crocea. It is photosythentic. As long as it is at least 3" long it should live fine off of the halides.
Dean

brooklyn johnny

Hey Dean, do a search for my name and you'll see many pictures of my setups... the 180 is curently broken down while our house is being built...

n.o.c.

I have 9 clams, all under VHO lighting - 4 bulbs... They all are doing well and I also feed the whole tank Marine Snow and other aditives once a week and I also feed the smaller clams 2 or 3 times a week. My derasa clam is doing great on the sandbed and is growing new shell rather quickly I think.