My first fish question

bmw545

Ok I just ordered my first fish, a Purple Tang. My question is, since this is my first fish, do i need to put it in a Qt tank? I know it is recommended to Qt all fish before introducing them to a tank with other fish. Since this my first fish, is it really needed?

55galgill

:thinking: thats a interesting one. if he's the only fish in there i would say ok. but if you plan on adding any more soon i would say qt then.just to be safe its your call but tangs are ever so easy to come down with this stuff.maybe someone else will chime in and give there 2 cents :D

guineawhop

i would definitely put it in a qt tank. just because you don't have fish in there doesn't mean that it can't get future fish sick and then you'll have whatever it might have floating around in ur tank.

55galgill

i have not ordered any from here only heard good things tho.
as for online purchase of fish? yes i have at a diffrent site and i have been happy on all counts:D

gati

i haven't ordered fish from here, but I have ordered lots of inverts-was very pleased.
I would qt him, better safe than sorry. you don't want to risk infecting the whole tank.
enjoy the new fishy