My first Lineup

topheraz

Would 1 Fire Shrimp, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, and 1 Mexican Turbo Snail be suitable for a 12 gallon with 15#s of LR? People have said i need some crabs, but im not really liking any of the crabs. People have also said use the Astrea (spelling?) snails but i rather have 1 snail than 5 or so. I dont want a lot of clutter, only got 12 gallons here.:)

I

ivanfj

You gotta becareful about the mexican turbos because they tend to knock things over. Is this gonna be an invert only tank??? Are you planning to go into a nano-reef??? Fire shrimps can be aggressive in a nano tank. My fire shrimps do pick on the cleaner from time to time, especially during feeding time.

topheraz

Eventually i plan on having some coral. What do you mean by knock things over?? Like LR?? Are crabs a must have?? If so what kind?

trainfever

Get the hermit crabs and the snails. I didn't want them at first either. Aftre a while you will find yourself actually looking to see if you can find them all. Besides, they are small and hardly noticeable. A crew of 6 snails are better than one snail even if he is larger. Trust me, you think you dont want them but you will find yourself searching for them. I told you that I have 6 snails and 6 hermits and I never see all of them at once, maybe just 2 or 3 at a time. They are always hidden under the rock somewhere. I have only seen my fiddler crab twice since he has been in the tank(he's only been in there about a month) although my daughter tells me that she sees him all the time.