My First Ninja Attack...Need Advice

kube

Well the ninjas struck.....someone moved my water line from my 20 gallon ro tank for ATO. so when the water level fell below the float switch it turned on the pump and ran about 15gallon of water on the carpet...dont know if it was the 3 month old boxer pup who two days ago discovered that she could open the door and drink from the sump or my 11month old daughter who also just discovered the sump....either way the timeline for putting locks on there just got bumped up.....
But to my question the tank is 125 gallon long tank....i cannot move it what will happen to the carpet below the tank that I cant get to?
I used the shop vac and carpet cleaner to suck up as much water as I could. I have an industrial fan blowing air on it to speed up evaporation. What else should I do?
In the end i just wish I would have replaced that water alarm that went bad...could have been worse I guess

btldreef

Carpet should be okay. i had a similar experience, just keep the fan on it for a week. If it continually happens, that's when you'll have an issue.

kube

the return from the ato tank is is zip-tied down to the point it isnt coming off with out a pair of wire snips. wonder what the women is going to think when she gets home...lol

mie

+1 on the carpet, the stand stand and tank are so heavy it is hard for the water to get under there and do a whole lot. I had the same problem earlier this year and after we tore down the tank and moved it the carpet was completely dry.

gill again68

Ahh the scorn of a women. Tell her that the 11 month old did it. The puppy and you wont survive it.

I think you will be ok, I mean the under the tank part. Is the base of the cabinet flat on the floor? If so then the water most likely wouldnt be able to get under that cabinet. Good Luck and keep that fan going.

gill again68

Didn't ask, do you have a controller? I have my ATO through my controller. That way my pump is only allowed to run for 30 seconds. This allows enough to top off and if for any reason my hose is directed out of the tank then I have a limited amount of water on the floor. However I only had 1 float switch to turn on and off the pump and a snail has taught me a valuable lesson with that. He decided that only 4 hours being introduced to the sump he would "clean" the float switch.
Lucky for me the wife and I were standing at the tank when the ATO tank gurgled from the pump. I was able to keep it from overflowing. As of today I have 2 switches, 1 to turn on and the other is to prevent overflow.

kube

no controller......i have a failsafe float switch that would shut off in the event that the one was stuck on.......but that doesnt do me any good when the pump is pumping the water onto the floor not even going into the sump....live and learn at least it was nice clean 0 tds rodi water...lol

gill again68

You should check my thread I have going and see what happened to me last night. I should have kept my mouth shut about your issues!!