My first six pack

cbshark

These are all photos of my 5 gallon eclipse tank. If anyone is interested in the specs, do a search of my username, it has been posted as well as more photos of the light fixture, etc.

cbshark

Yes, that is a condy. I have it positioned just right so that it doesn't sting anything. I just hope it doesn't move. It has stayed put now for months now so hopefully it has found its happy place.

cbshark

No, the clown doesn't even go near it. He seems to hang out in a couple of corals, which is pretty strange. i also have a yellow watchman goby in there, but he is a hider.

bdhough

Good luck farming that tank.... Looks good though. Try and get a handle on the hair algae now or it will get out of control one day... I"m sure you know that.

CBShark, that is very beautiful.:) Do you mind telling me about your system? I couldn't tell if you had an undergravel or not.:confused:

cbshark

My tank is an Eclipse copy from Walmart (5 gallon). I use the filter system that came with the tank and have 2 samll powerheads for circulation. I added a custom sealife 32 watt 50/50 retrofit light in the hood in place of the stock one and use a 1-1/2" computer fan cut into the back of the hood on a timer for cooling of the lights. Without the fan, the water temp was getting up to around 86 degrees. Now it stays at around 80 degrees with the lights on and drops to about 78 degrees at night with the lights off. My fan is on a timer that turns it on 1 hour before the lights and of 1 hour after the lights. The only additives i now use are the B-ionic calcium buffer system and once a week 4-5 drops of Kent micro-vert. I had been changing water once a week or so, but lately I have been experimenting with just topping off water as need, which is about 1-1/2 cups in the morning and at night. I've been doing this for about a month and a half and everything is fine. All my levels are perfect. I only have one small (1.25") clown and one small (1.25") watchman goby for fish and feed them once or twice a week. Inverts are 1 coral banded shrimp, 3 tiny red-legged hermit crabs, 1 medium turbo snail and a couple tiny bumble bee snails. The corals i have are greem polyps, star polyps, brown polyps, finger leater, devils hand (small frag), greem mushrooms, colt coral, umbrella coral, pulsing xenia, candy canes and a condy anemone. I have a nice crop of halimeda and a bit of caulerpa, I used to have a nice crop of caulerpa as shown in the photos, but it went sexual and I lost about 95% of it. Sorry to ramble on, but if you do a search of my username, I have many photos of my hood and light set-up as well as many progress photos. Thanks for the interest!