MY FIRST SPS! 10G 150WATT MH

meowzer

WOW DANIEL.....That is amazing.....I can not believe how much your tank has grown......how long before you upgrade LOL

katsafados

Grown? Hardly, haha its finally restocked after the first crash!
Only upgrade will be when I move everything out of the 10g to the 20g, but I want to do that closer to the summer. To busy with school to worry about setting up another tank lol. Cant go bigger because my parents are already complaining about the hydro bills since the new light (evap too)!

meowzer

Dan you have A LOT of growth.....you probably just don't see it cuz you look at the tank every day

katsafados

Probably! I've also been fragging and selling things back to big als too lol, so most of those corals already been cut a bunch of times!
I got to sit back and watch a nice fight between the chalice and some gsp that I placed the chalice ontop of. Wish I had my g.fs camera when it was happening. The chalice streched out a bunch of tenticles and I guess the nematocysts attached to the gsp, so all you saw was a bunch of tenticles attacking to the gsp while attached to the chalice still.
The GSP seemed to have lost the battle lol. It doesnt look like its dying, just been closed in that spot and the chalice hasnt attacked it since.

katsafados

Yeah, the coraline grows pretty fast! I want it to turn my whole tank purple though, and I hope I get some of the encrusting coraline (the one that builds up on itself and looks like a coral lol)
I think I have high calcium levels, and now with the strong light on a 10g, the coraline will bloom.

katsafados

Everything that people ant get to grow, seems to grow in my tank! Before the crash I had that 2head FS that grew to 14+ in less then a year. I was talking to the LFS and this guy that sells out of his house, and they were both amazed that the FS grew that fast lol (especially under PC'S)

meowzer

LOL...I have enough challenges in my life.....my sw fish hobby is supposed to be the relaxing part

blackjacktang

or atleast yoga for saltwater tank maintance.
"Be one with the powerheadd. Work that magnet on the glasss" yes thats right" Do this once every day for 3 weeks"
"Now lets gettt the fishh food out of the freeezzerr"