My first tank

msgmac47

I wanted to post pictures of my first saltwater aquarium. I know it's not as big as most of the ones here, but I'm very proud of my tank. I would like to thank my dad and mom. Everything we have was given to us, minus the sand, kenya tree and xenias, from them.
After deployment my goal is to set up a much larger aquarium. Take care everyone.

trigger11

Nice looking tank. I like how you have all of the open areas for the fish to swim through in your rockwork.

msgmac47

Originally Posted by chattown clown
I like it too. Do you have any idea how many lbs. of LR you actually have (with all of that open space).
I got the rock from my dad. I'd say about 30 pounds.

msgmac47

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
Looks real good. What's the green ball at front right?
Thanks. I have no idea what the green ball is
. It started growing in my dad's tank. I like it so asked him for a few pieces. I have quit a few Brittle Stars living in them.

jmick

Sharp setup! Your rockwork is very nice, wish I had more skill with mine and I like your background.

msgmac47

Originally Posted by Jmick
Sharp setup! Your rockwork is very nice, wish I had more skill with mine and I like your background.
Thank you!

mcbdz

Looks very nice. Looks like a macro algea. Good to have. If starts to over grow just trim out. You can even sell some to lfs if it grows real good.

veni vidi vici

Nice looking tank.What livestock do you have?
BTW take care,if your going overseas maybe you could post how some here could send some care packages out to you and your buds. It would be a honor.

msgmac47

Originally Posted by mcbdz
Looks very nice. Looks like a macro algea. Good to have. If starts to over grow just trim out. You can even sell some to lfs if it grows real good.

That would be great if I could sell some to the LFS because it grows nice. Be a good way to save up for a MH. They are like different shaped bubbles. Each bubble gets a bunch of black spots on them. In a week or so the black spots turn into bubbles. This happens maybe once a month. Thanks.

msgmac47

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
Nice looking tank.What livestock do you have?
BTW take care,if your going overseas maybe you could post how some here could send some care packages out to you and your buds. It would be a honor.
Thanks, I'll have to take you up on that. My soldiers and I would like that very much. Something as simple as a letter/card helps get through the deployment especially during the holidays for the young soldiers that never been away from home.
My livestock:
1 Clarkii Clownfish
1 Shrimpgoby - Yellow Watchman
Zoos- Green
Kenya Tree
Xenia
2 Emerald Crabs
5 Hermit Crabs
Turbo/Astrea Snails
Two Turbo Snails
Two Mushrooms
And we are just as honered when people such as yourself take the time to send troops letters, cards, and care packages while on deployment. You are a great American. Thanks again!!!!

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by MSGMAC47
Thanks, I'll have to take you up on that. My soldiers and I would like that very much. Something as simple as a letter/card helps get through the deployment especially during the holidays for the young soldiers that never been away from home.
My livestock:
1 Clarkii Clownfish
1 Shrimpgoby - Yellow Watchman
Zoos- Green
Kenya Tree
Xenia
2 Emerald Crabs
5 Hermit Crabs
Turbo/Astrea Snails
Two Turbo Snails
Two Mushrooms
And we are just as honered when people such as yourself take the time to send troops letters, cards, and care packages while on deployment. You are a great American. Thanks again!!!!
Pm me or post info.