My Fish List! Will It Go???

fishygurl

Hi I finally got my first Saltwater Aquarium,It's a 72gal. Oceanic bowfront!
I made a fish list and asked some lfs and they all said it would go ok here it is:
Fish:
2 False Percula Clownfish
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Flame Angelfish
1 Blackcap Basslet
1 Sand Perch Blenny
1 Achilles Tang
1 Red Coris Wrasse
1 Lawnmower Blenny
3 Blue Reef or Blue Green Chromis
Inverts:
Blue-Legged Hermits
some Nudibranchs
Flame Scallop
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp
Cerith Snails
StarFish!!!here is some that I Like,
The Bahama, Blue Linkia, Red Linkia, Orange Linkia, Choc. Chip, Knobby, and Red General
I Also would like to get some other really good cleaning type of snails any Idea's?
a Christmas tree rock
Mushroom polyps
And some easy corals with minimum light again any ideas?
Help would be apreciated!

chunks

seems a bit high, Achilles tang need around 100gal or so.
Also, Flame scallops are hard to keep, they respond very quickly to poor water conditions and are rather intolerant of high nitrA
tes.
edit
Nassarius Snail and trochus are both good

promisetbg

Tangs are a no no in a new tank, give it time to mature first. As stated an Achilles needs a large tank, and they are a very difficult fish to find and keep healthy. Definately not a beginner fish. As well hippo tangs can grow to 12-18"...consider a tang in the bristletooth family instead. Such as a Kole or Tomini tang.
Nudibranchs are diet specific, all of them will die in a home aquarium eventually. Most have specific needs we cannot give them.
Linckia stars are another no no in a new tank, and are also not recommended for new hobbyists. Give the tank a year or so to mature, and yourself time to learn how to control it's parameters. The other starfish you mentioned are not reef safe, they will eat corals. If you really want a starfish go with a serpent star, although you will rarely see it. I keep a sand perch in a semi-aggressive tank, he is my most agressive fish at feeding time and with conspecifics{same body shape}. He is red/white striped, so if this fish is the one you are talking about, consider what I have said. The name "blenny" attached to this fish is a misnomer.
The red corris wrasse is also not a reef safe fish, it can and most likely will eat inverts.
The flame angel can also pick at corals, you have a 50/50 chance with this fish in a reef.
I also would not recommend a Christmas tree worm rock to you. They again should not be in a new tank, and they most often come in the coral Porites{not a rock} which needs high lighting. They need feedings of live phytoplankton.

coachklm

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Tangs are a no no in a new tank, give it time to mature first. As stated an Achilles needs a large tank, and they are a very difficult fish to find and keep healthy. Definately not a beginner fish. As well hippo tangs can grow to 12-18"...consider a tang in the bristletooth family instead. Such as a Kole or Tomini tang.
Nudibranchs are diet specific, all of them will die in a home aquarium eventually. Most have specific needs we cannot give them.
Linckia stars are another no no in a new tank, and are also not recommended for new hobbyists. Give the tank a year or so to mature, and yourself time to learn how to control it's parameters. The other starfish you mentioned are not reef safe, they will eat corals. If you really want a starfish go with a serpent star, although you will rarely see it. I keep a sand perch in a semi-aggressive tank, he is my most agressive fish at feeding time and with conspecifics{same body shape}. He is red/white striped, so if this fish is the one you are talking about, consider what I have said. The name "blenny" attached to this fish is a misnomer.
The red corris wrasse is also not a reef safe fish, it can and most likely will eat inverts.
The flame angel can also pick at corals, you have a 50/50 chance with this fish in a reef.
I also would not recommend a Christmas tree worm rock to you. They again should not be in a new tank, and they most often come in the coral Porites{not a rock} which needs high lighting. They need feedings of live phytoplankton.

wheres the smiley that hopps away sad? well said... saved me typing

emperor11

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
what if i scratch out the blue hippo and achilles?
...Then its perfect.

anthropo

Originally Posted by promisetbg
ditto

fishygurl

thanks for the info but i was wondering if you would still call it a fowlr if i have a couple corals but not a reef?