My Fish List!!!

mikeyjer

I've been posting my new 90G Bowfront RR with 30G sump/fuge pictures on here. Here's the fish list:
Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
3-Fire Fish
2-Green Chromis
2-Black Clowns
1-Psychedelic Mandarin
3-Anthias
1-Sixline Wrasse
Fish would be added slowly in a period of 3-4 months and subject to change in numbers and or species. Bioload might be too heavy! Mandarin would be added last after the LR have established a good pods population. :happyfish

reefdude37

Sounds good to me, maybe you might want to loose about 3-4 fish becuase 14 fish might be to many for a 90 gallon.

lion_crazz

I personally don't think you will be able to sustain a mandarin in there with all of the other "aggressive" and active fish. You will need an extremely good pod population to keep it going in there. I think the sixline will take care of the pods pretty well unless you had a refuge that was producing them like there was no tomorrow. Even then, the sixline might be a little too aggressive on the pods for your mandarin to be happy.
I would also probably lose a few fish as well, just to reduce bioload. The chromis seem like the easiest thing to drop off the list. That would leave you with 11, and that sounds a little more reasonable.

mythrenody

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
I personally don't think you will be able to sustain a mandarin in there with all of the other "aggressive" and active fish. You will need an extremely good pod population to keep it going in there. I think the sixline will take care of the pods pretty well unless you had a refuge that was producing them like there was no tomorrow. Even then, the sixline might be a little too aggressive on the pods for your mandarin to be happy.
x2

wangotango

my friend's six line wrasse started attacking all the new fish, even a 4" angel! now i know that this is a rare thing, but just a word of caution.

saltn00b

maybe just get a different type of wrasse to solve your mandarin problem. anthias, depending on the species and luck can get large and even a bit pushy. my pink sq. likes to bully around whatever will take his crap, especially my purple firefish which almost never comes out....
oh and good luck with the YT, mine ate the antennae off all of my shrimp and was gonna be a real meany, so i got rid of him ASAP, no more YTs for me....

mikeyjer

Thanks guys for all the good replies. We've talked about all the stuffs that was mentioned. The mandarin will be added last after the pods population is high in numbers. The only reason I added Chromis because I wanted someone to start in the tank to test the water. The tank is cycled, but I just want to be sure. We have thought about taking the Chromis off the list. The main reason for the sixline wrasse was to keep the bristle worms in check. And we already have the Yellow Tang and she needs a larger home. There's enough rock work for the shrimps to hide in if needed. The shrimps I'm putting in would be Peppermint Shrimp, they're more active at night anyway while everyone is asleep. I've been adding in pods from my existing tank to boost with the population, I'm going to have cheatos in the fuge to help to grow the population. The Anthias we have chosen would be Dispar Anthias, but they might be taken off the list as well. They seem more problematic, maybe just keep one. Keep the replies coming! :happyfish

fedukeford

thats probley too many fish, from the list you have this is the fish i would do
Yellow Tang
2-Fire Fish
2-Black Clowns
1-Psychedelic Mandarin
1-Anthias
1-Sixline Wrasse
and then mabey a kole tang

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by fedukeford
thats probley too many fish, from the list you have this is the fish i would do
Yellow Tang
2-Fire Fish
2-Black Clowns
1-Psychedelic Mandarin
1-Anthias
1-Sixline Wrasse
and then mabey a kole tang
It sounds like a nice list, which is something we were discussing about last night by taking out the Chromis for sure and go with one Anthia. But I still want a Blue Tang. So here's a new list:
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
3-Fire Fish
2-Black Clowns
1-Psychedelic Mandarin
1-Anthias
1-Sixline Wrasse
I'm still waiting for my canopy to get here. But that's the list for now. :happyfish

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
It sounds like a nice list, which is something we were discussing about last night by taking out the Chromis for sure and go with one Anthia. But I still want a Blue Tang. So here's a new list:
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
3-Fire Fish
2-Black Clowns
1-Psychedelic Mandarin
1-Anthias
1-Sixline Wrasse
I'm still waiting for my canopy to get here. But that's the list for now. :happyfish
Much better

Now, the only thing is the sixline and the mandarin. Just be careful to keep your pod population very high.
If you want a website that sells pods for an excellent price, shoot me an email. Ry84@MSN.com.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Much better

Now, the only thing is the sixline and the mandarin. Just be careful to keep your pod population very high.
If you want a website that sells pods for an excellent price, shoot me an email. Ry84@MSN.com.
I have no intension on adding the mandarin until the tank is well established with pods. I have tons of pods growing in the fuge of my existing reef tank. I'll populate with those guys in this tank. I already started the process with pods in this tank. There's already tons of'em all over the glass and rocks. :happyfish

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by fedukeford
you might also run into a problem with the hippo tang, it might get too big for your tank
I know all about tangs, trust me! We're getting a small one to start out with and eventually upgrade to a larger tank. We're still thinking about the list though....We'll see what happens when my canopy gets here. :happyfish

mikeyjer

Here's my revised fish stocking list!
All the fish are being stocked in order from the following list:
1-Bar Goby(Already in the tank, didn't plan this one, a reefer was getting out of the hobby)
1-Royal Gramma
1-Sixline Wrasse
1-Enginner Goby
1-Midas Blenny
2-Black Clowns
1-Blue Hippo Tang
1-Yellow Tang
There's already 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Blue Leg Hermit, and some snails. Putting in 20 or so Cerith Snails from a local reefer this Thursday. Going to add a few Emerald Crabs, about 20 more Blue Legged Hermits, 2 Fire Shrimp, and maybe a Coral Banded Shrimp(maybe not). Also gonna add some Baby Nassarius Snails and Baby Stomatellas from my existing reef tank, I have a bunch of babies from both. My custom made Canopy will be here by the end of this week. Already have MH retrofit lighting kits ready. Let me know what you guys think of this list! :happyfish