my fishtank after 1 year

baytran7

it's 100 gallons with a heck of alot of live rock and live sand, i wanted a refugium but didn't have room so i put the plants in my display. it keeps the tangs fed so that's a plus.

baytran7

the tangs can't keep up with the plant growth so i harvest what gets out of control and give it away. but i think it's more beneficial to have them in the tank instead of building a fuge, lots more pods hide in the stems.

baytran7

surprisingly the yellow tang barely touches the plants, the purple one goes at it alot more but not nearly enough to stunt the macro's growth. i even have a hippo tang in there that i got for free that i'm sure feeds off it at night. hippo was free because he was injured with popeye and he has some kind of problem swimming normally (i think bubbles in his stomach). gas, i just gave some to a buddy about 2 weeks ago, shoot me an email in a few weeks and i'll send you some, just show me how to ship it. bay_tran@yahoo.com

moraym

That is a beautiful tank, I've been thinking about setting up something similar (regarding the heavy use of plants in the display tank) even though I have a refugium.
I just like the natural look of greenery in the tank, very nice display.

evilss

i think the tank looks great. the only thing that i may would do is a background. a black background would make everything stand out alot more. imo. but i like the plants in the tank. gives me ideas.