My fishy fishy fishy. Niger, Rabbit, Clown and others!

nigerrabit

Here is the tank. Just got the stand up last night, as before it was just on a dresser. Is still nothing fancy but the big guys are happy in it.

happyvac

Dude...ditch the freshwater stuff and go with some LIVE ROCK...expensive but will make it look 10x better and much easier to keep healthy....

nigerrabit

I am saving up for some live rock...it is expensive around here. What do you mean healthy?
I have always read that the Niger is a good community tank mate...

lion_crazz

Well the fish are great looking, but I don't really care for the fresh water gravel and decor. There are some places where you can get live rock pretty cheap online. Just do a search.

K

kpatrick

get some live rock and add a blue or black background and your fish will really stand out.

nigerrabit

Took your guys advice, which was great by the way. I hate forums that just bash you. Got the rock, no more slate, will take pics later. Once again thank you all...great bunch of people here.

lion_crazz

Wow, is that a brackish green spot puffer you have? Very cool!!
Also, just as a tip, I would turn the flash off when you take pics. You will get better pics that way.

nigerrabit

They called it a leapord puffer. But yes he is brackish, but he does way better in the salt. He is by far the best fish I have ever had. Only 7 dollars to!! The camera is my roomies and its not the best. The first shots are with out the flash, the last set with.

nofish4u!!

Question about the leopard puffer... I heard he will eat all of your crabs and snails... is this true? I really wanted one, but also don't want to sacrifice my clean up crew.

lion_crazz

Yes, leopard puffers (or green spot puffers, as they are known around here) are pretty aggressive and will most likely go after your clean-up crew. This is how they file their teeth down naturally.

happyvac

Looking pretty nice now

Look into a black or blue background. They help your colors stand out a LOT. I personally prefer black, but I guess that's just aesthetic.