My Freshwater Jones Soda Tank

S

spencers

Keri, you are wise beyond your years. I fed the oscars today and am holding on to this poor little guy until the next feeding...the pet store for some reason was out of guppies and I thought these would make a nice treat. Being that I do not have a proper freshwater setup to keep this guy in. I was looking around my house for something to keep him in temporarily, and thought the soda bottle would be cute until tomorrow. However, I am kind of starting to dig the pom glass, and he really does have enough room to stretch his fins. Maybe.....
No but seriously, I really like these small quarky tanks but wouldn't actually keep any fish in them other then a betta. I am thinking of getting a female betta and want to do something really cool tank wise.

S

spencers

There is no doubt in my mind a betta would do fine in the pom glass...the jones bottle, no

keri

a betta, technically yes, but....if you want something funky to put it in you're better off picking something bigger (or your water quality will always be crap)
You can get cool bigger bottles/jars for bettas and they'll do ok.

S

spencers

truthfully, I will admit I am somewhat of a newb when it comes to saltwater (only about a year of experiance) BUT I have had successful freshwater tanks for over ten years. I understand what I am doing. I think the water quality will hold nicely for one night.
By the way, I did tell a lie or two...it is just kind of funny how worked up people can get. These "bottle" tanks are indeed not legit

keri

no, no, one night is fine, I meant long term.
and yeah I get worked up because so many people Don't give a sh*t about animals, I work in veterinary medicine and you get a little jaded after a while. (But the good ones still stand out!)

S

spencers

I love animals and I try to treat them the best I can (my 75gal reef tank is proof of that). However, my brother only feeds his oscars flake so every now and then I sneak over some live food. Soemtimes to keep your animals and yourself (yum steak) happy...some "lesser" animals have to be sacrificed. I understand those who do not agree with this though.
Hey Keri! I see you have hammer coral! I am thinking about getting some. How do you like it? My tank is pretty well established (a year now). Is it hardy? I found an asian aquarium that is selling beautiful small hammers for only $18! Which is good for me because I am a poor student.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by SpencerS
...By the way, I did tell a lie or two...it is just kind of funny how worked up people can get. These "bottle" tanks are indeed not legit

And based on that post, thread locked.
Starting a thread and lying to "work" people up isn't appreciated.