My "friend" sometimes uses tap water! shhhh!

petjunkie

My tanks get it straight from the tap and have for years. In the beginning I didn't know any better and now I'm just lazy and poor. If I have money I buy corals. Oh well. It's not like perfectly run tanks have never crashed or ro/di users don't have hair algea. I don't recommend tap water but also have to laugh at the people who automatically say it's going to cause horrible algea and death right away. Honestly I can't seem to grow macro or micro algea, coraline grows but that's it.

salt nate

Wow people!!!!
thanks for all of the posts and I am honestly surprised with all of the positive/neutral feedback on using tap. Like I said, I try to use RO as much as possible, but its probably 50/50 for me so far, 4 months in to the hobby.
I have lots of corals and inverts and seriously, my tank is flourishing and things are growing more than I ever thought they would.
My tap copper readings are 0(API test kit)

salt nate

I live on the beach and I have alot of free water around, but Im scared to use it, should I be? Im a central fl reefer

snowrider84

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2835894
Our TDS is 650. I live in Los Angeles. There are alot of people on forums that don't actually use RO/DI systems.
No, but is it necessary? Why should one think they may face flames for asking a question? (hence the "friend" reference) I agree that it was mild, and so was my response, but he already pointed out that he "knew it was bad, but he had some actual questions about his practices. If people get flamey, people stop asking and people stop learning.
thats why i dont ask questions
i just look for some one that asked it before and got torn apart

salt nate

I dont mind getting torn apart, I just think that it is funny that religion is not the only thing that people can be zealots about

salt nate

Yep, thats me surfing in hurricane faye this year. It dumped 30" of rain on my town and brought me some fun little waves!

wpost2

Originally Posted by salt nate
http:///forum/post/2835186
whats tds? Oh and Tara...I am afraid these days to admit anything on this site, I have been beaten to a pulp by some saltwater "zealots"
They are like the PETA people...its crazy
lol no joke right?