My friend's 55 reef (so far)

myzislow

I was over at my friends the other day helping him with his tank, finalizing the aquascape, placing corals, and decided to take some shots while I was there.
A little background on the tank. It's a standard 55 made by sea clear, 30 gallon fuge packed with chaeto, hydor korilia 4 and tunze nanostream 6045 for additional flow, 2x 150w sun pod for lighting. It contains about 60-75 of live rock and a SSB. It has been running for about a year now, but only recently (last 2motnhs or so) has he begun adding corals.
Fish:
2 true percula clowns
2 female bartletts anthias
1 royal gramma
1 scooter blenny
1 lubbocks fairy wrasse
corals:
1 neon green montipora denae from atlantis
1 small blue polyp monti cap
1 neon green stylo
2 montipora digitata (orange+ purple/blue)
3 different acan lords
2 chalice corals(1 small frag)
4 small acropora frags
9 ricordea
various zoas
1 colony of neon trumpets
His tank still has a long way to go, but I think it's off to a great start. I'll keep this thread updated as his tank progresses, at least until I can get him to register and share his tank on his own
Here are some pics, any questions and comments don't hesistate to chime in

FTS head on:

myzislow

left side:

middle valley:

right side:

green monti denae:

ricordea:

another shot of the left side:

Hope you guys enjoyed!

myzislow

thanks a lot, the auquascape was a combination of both our ideas and I think it came out great looking, and still very functional, allowing adequate swimming room and plenty of space for coral growth( will be mostly SPS when done). Also maintenance was a concern and the way it's scaped he can get to pretty much every angle of the reef fairly easily.
As far as I know that rock is not man made, it definitely doesn't look like it( that rock was one of his largest). It is very odd as it almost a perfect half circle. I think it's going to make a really cool spot for the right coral.

myzislow

just thought I'd throw up some recent shots of his tank. He had to move it and changed things around for better access and ease of maintenance, with the more open look.
I think it's coming along nicely

H

heart & sole

wow thats and amazing looking 55 it looks way bigger. Love the new aquascape