My Fuzzy Dwarf tank update

pugnut87

Ok so it has been awhile since I setup my tank for the Fuzzy Dwarf, well the first one that you guys saw pictures of didn't make it.
But I know have two of them in my tank, they are very friendly to each other and are very active.
Here is some pictures, any idea on ---, I kind of feel they are both females.
Thanks
Cheers

cranberry

You can tell by the number of stripes on pectoral fins: female 4-6 stripes, male 6-10 stripes and larger heads. (but he's a little young to show the big ole head yet). Now, the female has 6 stripes, so she could be either. But I'm thinking a female.

louti

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3166402
You can tell by the number of stripes on pectoral fins: female 4-6 stripes, male 6-10 stripes and larger heads. (but he's a little young to show the big ole head yet). Now, the female has 6 stripes, so she could be either. But I'm thinking a female.
Interesting. Do lionfish change --- like some other fish?

pugnut87

So cranberry, if I do indeed have a male and female, I know the frys don't really last, but how can one encourage breeding?

cranberry

No, they don't change s.ex as they get older.
Fuzzies are one of the few that you can ID as far as s.ex.
There's not too much out there about breeding these guys, but I can direct you to some people that are trying. My friend just got a clutch of eggs from his pair.

R

rcreations

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3166402
Thanks. For some reason I always thought it was the other way around, females had more stripes. So that means mine is a male.

pugnut87

Yeah I would love to talk to your friend, that is so cool to get some eggs out of these guys.
I would be so happy if mine did that.

fmarini

Theres a lionfish breeding section on marinebreeders.org (MOFIB) that i wrote. if you PM me i'll email you the link.