My giant Domino

djevack

Heres a pic of one of my first fish, a little 3/4" domino, that got huge, hes around 4" long and almost 3" in height.

crox

I didn't know that those Domino damsels get that big!!!! I will take mine out of the tank and bring them back to my LFS.

dogstar

Originally Posted by djevack
a sfe, niger tigger. But in the future there will be more
More !! not if the DD has anything to say about. haha :)

djevack

lol, for being a domino hes no more aggressive then the eel or niger. I think from years of being messed with himself he learned some manners, lol

reefiness

i belive that he still has another 2 inches to grow so ill bet that it will become much more aggressive

madswife

hey dj are you the same one that was going to build that 2,000 gallon for your boss? If so hows it coming? Sorry its alittle ot.

djevack

Originally Posted by Madswife
hey dj are you the same one that was going to build that 2,000 gallon for your boss? If so hows it coming? Sorry its alittle ot.
yes i am, but im not the builder, lol. Its coming along well. The tank is in place and the room is done. All that is left is everything else
Im working on the QT system now and the constuction crew is building the lighting system and walkways.

djevack

I know it wasnt nice but I did it anyways. I caught my DD with the net and pulled him out of the water for an accurate measure. Hes bigger than i thought: 5 inches long and with his fins all the way out 4inch in height

E

exile415

I had one when it was in my aggressive fish tank .. it learned its lesson when the volitan lion ate him and spit him back out with a few fins and scales missing. still alive, but traded to fish store.

djevack

I know its hard to believe, but hes really very dosil and doesnt mess with the eel or trigger. And they are all new to each other.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by exile415
I had one when it was in my aggressive fish tank .. it learned its lesson when the volitan lion ate him and spit him back out with a few fins and scales missing. still alive, but traded to fish store.

Gotta Love those Lionfish LOL

debbie

wow, how old is your Domino?
Is it true that as they age they loose their white spots and turn a greyish color?
Deb....

djevack

Originally Posted by Debbie
wow, how old is your Domino?
Is it true that as they age they loose their white spots and turn a greyish color?
Deb....

I've had him for almost 3 years
Now that you say it I have noticed him turining grehish at times. But his white spots are still there, and not fading.

djevack

Originally Posted by Konrade
Not calling you a liar or anything buthow does a damsel grow 1.5" ay year?????????/
Well he might have been a little bigger then .75" when i got him it was 3 years ago, it was a way back. Its amazing the results you get with proper maintiance, feeding, well being of a fish, and diet will do. You should try it