My hermit crabs are having a secret meeting!!!!!!

kablamo

OK, now this is weird, I REALLY WISH I HAD A CAMERA!!!
i had 10 hermit crabs, I always noticed that one was twice the size of all of the other ones, one of the little ones had died and the others had already cleaned his shell out, so i just left the shell in, in case someone wanted it,
so i just looked in my tank with a flashlight and i saw this scene:
all of the little ones were in a half circle, and the big one was at the center of attention, and in front of the big one, there was the empty shell... all of the little ones were kinda just sitting there watching the big one
, and the big one was going back and forth from left to right kinda pacing...
MAYBE THEY'RE GONNA KILL ME WHEN IM ASLEEP OR SOMETHING!!! :nervous:
or maybe they are having an election to decide who gets the empty shell...
I'm seriously freaked out, this is the coolest thing i have ever seen!! jeez i just don't know, I SWEAR IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!!! If i had a camera, i would totally take like 10 million pics of this amazing event!! maybe hermits are intelligent and they are naming an ambassador to come and talk to me and give me their demands or something!:thinking:
DOUBLE U TEE EFFF?!?!?!?!?!
Look at the pic, its the weirdest thing

kablamo

this is down in the sand!! I never see them in the sand! they only go on the rock!!!:notsure: :confused: :notsure: :confused:

kablamo

well as of 12:53 am, yes, only now they have switched positions, the big guy is picking over the shell and the others are watching... it seems my nassarius snails have gone over to watch the fun.
the crazy thing is this... one crab died, which leaves 9 crabs. ALL 9 CRABS ARE DOING THIS TOGETHER!! for like an HOUR!~!!!:notsure:

obarrera

lol,this is hilarious,I could imagine them having a meeting.
Go to a store that is open 24 hours,ask them if they sell cameras(atleast a cheap one)I wanna seeeeeee!

kablamo

well, the meeting has ajourned apparently, and I remember the shell that was in question had a black tip and was larger than most of the small ones, now a small all black shell remains so apparently i was right, and they were tallying up points or having a shell raffle, or a cake walk, or ... a shell walk i guess.
That is a good idea about the disposable camera, but i missed the boat. the crab ... shell walk... boat.... yeah.

mujtba

hey kablamo, did you check my post regarding walmart? they say they dont have Ro water. i left their # on it too for u to see and call urself..

kablamo

Well we have one, just no film, plus I was afraid of them finding out that i knew what they were up to. What if they built Air suits, you know, like space suits, only for air, like water bubbles or something, anyway, what if they built Air suits out of chunks of live rock, hair algae, aragonite sand, and feather duster tubes????
They could get out of the tank, climb down the stand, walk across the couch, climb up to the counter top, use their lil' claws and open up the cabinets, get out the rat poison, bring it down the counter, onto the kitchen floor, mix the rat poison with my dogs food, drive their hermit crab lego cars down the hallway, climb their little hermit buts into my bed while I am sleeping, drop processed rat poison powder into my mouth, quietly, but quickly, clean up any messes that they made, including, but not limited to, SW trails on the glass and such, go back to their secret lair in the LR and hide any evidence that would implement them in my, and my dog's murder, leaving only my wife to blaim, effectively putting her in Jail so they can have a little peice and quiet!!!!!
I think i need to off them before they off me!:nervous:
or maybe i need to go the hell to bed.
:sleepy:

killafins

Think about it, you and your nine buddies have butter knives and are fighting this twenty foot football player who had an automatic rifel... would u fight for the house or would u wait for him to give it up and fight ur nine friends over it?
Actually, the more i think aobu ---. I would instigate my 'friends' to hassle the big guy and sneak up behind the big guy, stab him with the butter knife so he drops the gun, grab it and shoot everyoen down so i get the nice house. SO ummm, if that happens, than ehhh, i'd run

marvida

Don't sweat it, just some sort of funeral ceremony.............On second thought a pre-emptive strike might be in order.

wocka

lol thats so awesome kablamo!!
the only thing ive seen wierd with my hermits are the little guy attaching himself to the top of the biggest hermit crab then walking around

flynemo

LMAO

Whoa man thats the craziest/funniest thing i've seen on this message board. Have ya seen that episode of south park about the queer eye guys/crab people??? Yeah maybe this is the start of crab people!!!!