My Hippo Tang

T

tangs2008

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my Tang. It changed from a royal blue to a light/faded/pale blue. All water tests seem to be fine. Not much information available for these symtoms. Not much of an appetite for frozen greens and pellets. Comes out once in a while but seems mostly to stay in it's shelter. Breathing seems to be rapid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
C.

T

tangs2008

Please somebody help. :[ Not sure what's going on and don't want to loose him.

patandlace

What exactly are your water parameters? What size tank is it in? How long have you had it? How did you acclimate it? I would try feeding it frozen mysis shrimp or brine soaked in vitamins and fresh garlic. Algae sheets soaked with the same also to start. To try to get it eating. Sounds like he's a little stressed out.

T

tangs2008

50 gallons tank. pH: 8.2, alk: 1.7-2.8, nitrite: .2, water temperature: 78 degrees, hydrometer: .022. all other fish look good and calm. my hippo is my only worry. i have had it for 9 months. he's been with the same fish for the past 6 months. nothings changed. have done algae sheets and frozen shrimp but not with vitamins. do you think it would be wise to place a divider into the tank for a few days to give him a break and see if he comes around?
Thanks,
C.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Tangs2008
http:///forum/post/2472412
50 gallons tank. pH: 8.2, alk: 1.7-2.8, nitrite: .2, water temperature: 78 degrees, hydrometer: .022. all other fish look good and calm. my hippo is my only worry. i have had it for 9 months. he's been with the same fish for the past 6 months. nothings changed. have done algae sheets and frozen shrimp but not with vitamins. do you think it would be wise to place a divider into the tank for a few days to give him a break and see if he comes around?
Thanks,
C.
Whoah, you have nitrite and you are using a hydrometer? I posted in your other thread. The six month old domino damsel is an issue.

ricks280

blue tang in a 50gal????????????????????????????
u must have rocks in your head! your tank size will never be suitable to host that tang
because your parameters will change to often
(rick) not to mention the swimm area

coachklm

first off..... nitrite should be 0......second alk is low as this is directly related to ph (check your ph) these are directly related to the fishs': resperitory system.