My In Wall Reef

mech-a-nic

here are the pics
A little cloudy was moving some rock and sand. I am waiting on a shipment of tonga rock that is comint to my LFS they told me I can have first crack at it
I will add a few choice peices to finish the rock work.
Fish are 2 clowns, a Scopas Tang, and a Sixline Wrase
Pics are:
1. Wide view
2. Left side with one leather (unknown a frag i pick up and it grew)
3. My 2 Clowns playing Peak-A-Boo in there 2 GBTA's and the Gorgonian
4. My Xenia Colony over 30 Stalks

haktran

So coooooooooool! Thanks for sharing. I could not keep any xinia a live in my tank. what is your secret?

mech-a-nic

I not sure I cant kill it. when it over grows I just pick it out and toss it into a fuge for my 120 it will grow there. A head got sucked into the canister filter in my 46 and when i cleaned it out it was growing on the inside of the canister
.....Minus a few arms after the trip through the pump. If you were near by you can have some. I keep my tanks about 78 to 80 I heard cooler temps help it. besides that C-Balance once a week.

haktran

I live in CA so there is no way I can just stop by and grap some. It would be nice if I can do that. Thanks for the offer! Yes I also keep the temp around 78-80. I am dosing lime water and maintain the C level around 460-500. All others are in check. Well, maybe I am one of the unlucky one. Anyway, nice job for the "head board" tank.

mkzimms

you should get a nice set of shades and mount them infront of the tank so you can draw the blinds when you want it to be dark in the room. i always wanted to do a two sided tank with the front as my headboard and the back facing the shower on the other side of the wall.

small triggers

i run a uv on for 24 hours off for 72,,,, I think they are a great idea if not run 24/7. They help clear your water which is the most important feature for me. Con's - i hear they affect the water when feeding corals?

mech-a-nic

I have found hundreds of little "Flea Like" Guys over the glas today. and my algea bloom apears to be over

The question is If I wipe the glass will it kill these little guys or are they ok to wipe over?

gypsana

Originally Posted by Mech-a-nic
http:///forum/post/3113105
I have found hundreds of little "Flea Like" Guys over the glas today. and my algea bloom apears to be over

The question is If I wipe the glass will it kill these little guys or are they ok to wipe over?
More than likely pods and mine are always there. I scrape mine off all the time. I believe the eat the algae film on the glass.