my lfs said i need a special anemone 4 my clown

bigb

Some clowns will host, some won't. But..please tell us that isn't in the same tank as the eel, shark egg and seahorse.

n.y.mets

got rid of the black edge moray eel.. bought a baby snowflake eel the lfs said it will be ok with the shark egg

n.y.mets

Originally Posted by bchdFLdian
how big is that tank?
your anemone and clown won't last with a shark in there :p
55 gal

kickedoff2

OMG don't listen to your LFS!!! Are you planning on hatching a shark in a 55 gallon!?!? 125 gallon is the absoulte minimum to be able to hold them temporarly (year or two) And those clowns are going to be gone in like 5 seconds.

ophiura

The tank is perfectly fine for very short term care of a newly hatched shark. But it will out grow it within a year. It should also be noted that cat sharks primarily eat crustaceans and do not pose an immediate threat at all to the clowns. IMO, the clowns may be a greater nipping threat to the shark.
But I've raised around 20 or so of these sharks from hatching to about 18" and it will be fine for the short term - emphasis on the short term (under a year) - before it needs a larger (aim for 180) tank.
However, I do think you need to decide where you are planning to go with this tank. Reef, anemones or aggressive. You should start thinking about that very soon, IMO :yes: And I would be wary of the LFS as well.