my lineup

kiger

still a week or so away from fish, but here is what i'm considering. please respond if you see problems. 29 gallon tank. 40lbs of live sand, 40lbs of live rock. would like to have:
red spotted hawkfish
yellow watchman goby
pygmy angel
maroon clown
possibly a few lowlight corals.
thanks for the resonses.

fishieness

those should be okaycompatibility wise
ive heard many people have problems with pygmy angels though.
and you have a few fish there that will fit in your tank, but might get some size to them
what else are you planning on having?
equipment?
a few corals eh? what lighting do you have?
REMEMBER TO ADD THINGS SLOWLY!!!

kiger

i plan on moving slowly. no more than one a month. i am running two aqua clear 50 filters and a aquac remora protien skimmer. using coralife lighting, 2 65 watt strips. was thinking leather corals or mushroom polyps might be o.k.

kdfrosty

I see a couple of potential problems.....
Hawkfish - you need to be careful having these with snails, shrimp, and hermits (especially if you have a reef & cleanup crew). Mildly aggressive fish, probably not reef compatible
Dwarf Angels- I'm not willing to risk a dwarf angel eating any of my corals, although I have considered it. Only add them to a well established tank
Yellow Watchman Goby- YAY! I have one and s/he's great!!!! Could potentially cause sand dunes throughout the tank as they get older though...mine doesn't (yet)
Wait, now that I think about, nearly every fish has it's ups and downs...pros and cons. Just make sure you know them before you impulse buy.