My Monthly Tank Pic

elvictre

Wow, Sea Apple :yes: How is that working out. I keep thinking of getting one but I see that they can be toxic and kill everything. How hard is it too keep it.
Vic

jedi

Sea Apple is easy, and all the "things you hear" are all not neccesarily true. Lots of things in a tank "can" die and nuke your tank.
Phyto every other day is the only extra thing I do. Been in there a few months and has caused no issues.
here is a closer look at it.

shoreliner11

What are you using for phyto? If you're using one kind such as dt's you might want to check out dt's oyster eggs as well as liquid life. A good variety is usually best in the long run. I'm not sure of the exact feeding requirements (particle size primarily) of a sea apple other than it being a filter feeder but you should at least check up on it. Tank looks good by the way.
Aaron

nvmycj

Jedi, and the rest of you reefers.....
HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU KEEP YOUR GLASS SOOOOO SPANKIN' CLEAN??????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Do you move around your LR and corals to scrap off your glass with a razor, which is what I end up having to do?
My snails clean up some algae, but you can still see there trails they leave behind.
Your glass is impecable!!!

I burns my, you know what, with all the algae I've got...

jjlittle

Sweet tank I to have a sea apple he awesome to have and watch. They are easy for you other folk comsidering getting one just if you see him having ill effects appears to be dieing get him out before he crashes the tank with its poisons.:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

beachlife

hey jedi.... just wondering what type of lighting are you using on that tank?? I'm assuming halides... Looks really good man!!