My Nano Diary

phenetix

Well I been trolling this place for weeks lol guess it about time to get my thread.
Bit about me!
Ive been working with fresh/salt/reef systems for a while for about 6 years as work and many years as a hobby. I used to frequent this forum daily about 3-4 years ago but changed my email so I cant retrieve my old info.
I currently have a 14g biocube that i kept dwarf octo's and cuttlefish in for about a year and now switched out the hood and have a mini reef.
Ill post some pics and hope I can offer some good advice to anyone that might need it.

phenetix

Lighting:
I removed the standard hood and replaced it with a 2x65w PC hood which is slightly larger then the tank but gives me a ton more watts per gallon.
Filtration:
I have a deep sand bed and a lot of live rock. I removed those pesky bio balls and replaced them with rock rubble. I am really debating setting up some small type of refuge and would love to entertain ideas.
Fish/Coral:
I have a pink birdsnest frag that is growing really fast high up in the tank. Some nice rics and zoas and just grabbed a zoa frag pack of Reverse gorilla nipples, Whammins, Kryptonites,
Sunsets, Nebulas, Rainbows, and AoG's from Clownfish11. I have a bta and today just added a tiny gold stripe maroon clown.
CUC:
Zebra Hermits, Scarlet Hermits, Bunch of snails, and a cucumber.
Ill try to get pics asap!

phenetix

oops forgot the wishlist...

Im really hopping to get a pistol shrimp/goby combo if anyone can suggest a good pair up please let me know. I would also love some GSP ... yes I said it lol GSP haha I cant seem to find just a small frag to get started in my tank... all my LFS have big rocks and I just dont have any more space in the tank. I would love a bit of blue pulsing xenia as well. OH yea haha and the mystical unicorn of the zoa world the Armeggedons :)
Ok the rant is done.

phenetix

I have a plastic container and a windowsill... I keep thinking about a small fuge to grow cheato or something similar... maybe with a mud bottom. I assume the best way to do this would be with a small pump in the first chamber of the nano - remove my poor skimmer which cant produce a good foam - and have the return off the container back into the first chamber... I could use those little 10w submersible lights on it as well... any thoughts on this?

phenetix

I dont know what kind of Ric that is but its by far the nicest in my tank lol I know im hooked on rics now.

rebelprettyboy

Tank looks nice! And that last pic isnt a Ric, ts a Yuma same thing though pretty much lol
Why dont you have the heater in the back chamber? Also get one of those Electric thermonitors from the pet place n ur city. Theyre only like 6.99 and u can place that in back... out of sight of mind IMO and it doesnt distract the viewer from the tank...
Although u got that heater hid pretty good lol!!!

phenetix

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2829420
And that clown fish u got is beautiful and extremly BRIGHT!! It almost looks like a fake plastic fish
Thanks! I was very picky about my clowns cause I dont plan on too many fish... I just got home from work and found her nestled in her BTA for the first time!
Im really happy