My NanoCube

marinesnow

Greetings everyone! I've been following this Nano forum for some time now and decided tonight on a whim to join up and post some pics of my tank. So, here goes--tell me what you think.

D

daniel411

Very nice. Tell us more about the tank; filtration, lights, etc. Does the bubble coral's sweepers reach any of the corals near it?

marinesnow

Alright Daniel411--here's the scoop:
12 gal Nanocube (with it's built in DAS-like filter)
Red Sea Prism Skimmer added
2 extra power heads in tank (total water turnover rate ~30x/h)
(one cycles off at night)
32 watts PC 50/50 (12 hour on)
1 Moonglow lite
No Refugium
3 inches of live sand
No live rock used
Marvin, the YELLOW CLOWN GOBY
Gertrude, the OCELLARIS CLOWN
Heathcliff, the EMERALD CRAB
Lestat, the BLOOD SHRIMP
large Pagoda
Goniopora
2 orange sun corals
1 black sun coral
Xenia
Frog Spawn
Green Star Polyps
Pipe Organ
Bubble
Favia
Symphyllia Brain
Red Chili
Yellow Finger Gorgonia
Red Sea Fan
Tube Worm
Various Shrooms
(Yellow Tonga Leather on order)
1 Shaving Brush
Caluerpa
Water Parameters:
SG 1.024
ph 8.2-8.3
Ca+ 450-500
dKh 15-17
Phos 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 (can't seem to keep it lower than that)
I keep my top off water premixed with Stontium, Iodide, Vitamins, and trace elements and add that daily
Add TropicMarin Ca+ twice weekly
That's about it.

marinesnow

Omigosh!
I forgot to include:
5 Bumble Bee snails
5 Astreas
5 Margaritas
1 unknown snail
3 blue legged hermits
3 red legged hermits

C

c_ray00

32 watts PC 50/50 (12 hour on)
1 Moonglow lite
[/B]
Are those the lights that came with the cube when you bought it or did you have to retrofit new ones in?

I just saw one of these nanocubes at the LFS today for the first time . . . . I was skeptical of the filtration at first, especially cause you cant see in the back of it, but you have done very well at disproving any thoughts of it being a weak filter for the tank. I really like the placement and set up of the corals in there!
I would like to see a full tank shot as well . . . very nice pics too. What kind of camera is that?

marinesnow

Originally posted by C_Ray00
Are those the lights that came with the cube when you bought it or did you have to retrofit new ones in?

I added the Moonglow (but can hardly call that a retrofit because you just screw the little thing on the lid)
The tank comes standard with 24 watts of white light. I replaced the bulb with a 32 watt 10K/actinic side by side PC

marinesnow

Originally posted by 007
I would like to see a full tank shot as well . . . very nice pics too. What kind of camera is that?

Thanks. I use a 5 megapixel Sony Digital camera. And, I'll go use it now to take a full tank shot--especially since I added the Sacrophyton elegans yesterday.