My new 10g Freshwater

Just set up a 10g I had laying around. Bought gravel and filter today, had tank and stock lights laying around. Going to get some plants and use them as a sorta background. This tank will be for a pair of German Blue Rams, a dwarf chicilid, and maybe a cory cat, cherry shrimp, and some kind of snail or two. Spent 45$ on gravel and filter (marineland bio-wheel 150). Total cost should be around 75$ or less. Here are some pics of the 10g before and after and of my now crowded room which is 10'x11' and now has a 10g and 24g.

pbienkiewi

a pair of Kribs would be nice in there. You can easily breed them. God I am thankful that I got rid of all my 10 gallon tanks. They were breeding grounds for all sorts of fish that I use to breed.
The tank will look good.

Originally Posted by pbienkiewi
http:///forum/post/2683938
a pair of Kribs would be nice in there. You can easily breed them. God I am thankful that I got rid of all my 10 gallon tanks. They were breeding grounds for all sorts of fish that I use to breed.
The tank will look good.
Excuse my newbishness in fw but what are kribs?

sepulatian

Kribensis. It is a colorful dwarf cichlid. In a ten gallon, go with the Kribensis. The German blues are beautiful but are not the easiest to keep. You can add a cory, but keep just one pair of dwarf cichlids. Add hiding places.

Would a pair of kribensis actualy be ok in a 10g? They get to 4" opposed to the german blue rams that get to 2". Also how come some pictures make the kribensis look dull colored and other brightly colored?

Well the blue rams are supposively hard to care for as you guys said and the other cichilid I'm not to crazy about, so now I got the idea of getting a puffer tank. I had a porcupine puffer and was the funnest fish I had.(I know funnest isn't a word)