my new 10g tank :)

C

coralreefnewb

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3237955
is that a desk lamp?
hey thats the light from the jbj 3g picotope but wait that is not enought light for a 10gallon that light is only 9watts

bayreefer

Alright now, lets not all jump on the op at once. Having said that, they are all right.
The tank is overstocked. I have two clowns in my 10 gallon and some people would say that even that would be pushing it. The thing is that your size tank just isn't going to be able to support that many fish and their bioload. As far as the light, if you want to do a reef you are going to need a better light that that, a higher wattage pc or T5 would be good, Im using the nova 36 watt T5s and have a flourishing reef. But if you plan on keeping fish only then it doesn't really matter, if you like it the way it is you can leave it.
Also, you are probably going to want a powerhead so that your tank has more flow, otherwise you may end up with a bunch of ugly algae everywhere
It seems like you maybe need to do a little more research, try looking around the forum, its a great place to get info

I hope this helped

fluffy2469

it did help but also to the side of that i got someone who is reefer himself. iam holding the clowns for a while so no worries.
but as for lights i now what light to get. iam getting Current USA Sundial T5HO: : 24" - 96 Watt - (2x24 Watt 10K Daylight + 2x24 Watt 460nm Actinic)
as for flow iam getting a Koralia 1. so i will be ready. iam also getting ATI bulbs for the t5. its single reflector so no worries about that. the fish are doing fine. i may just keep them. if you guys are bothered im sorry but iam doing the weekly water changes and checking the water so everything is perfect.
i have a modded aquaclear into a fuge so my trates should be good and my CUC are great.