My new 14g biocube wit pics!

autofreak44

i personaly run mine around 11 hrs but good times are 8-12...it just depends on if you are having algae problems and such, or if your corals are pushing your light limit

bpaul1201

thanks auto, yea i was think soft corals only like zoa's,mushrooms, and maybe a xenia's not much else, but i want to put in my bta in first then corals so then i know that the bta is in one spot not just steamrolling all my lil corals.

bpaul1201

well its been awhile since i did anything to the tank but heres an update!
i removed all the rock out of tank and cleaned all the sand, cleaned rock of debris and rescaped everything! i also added some cheato as you can see in the pics. i also did a 75% water change when i did the rearrangeing.
here's a stock list
2 true percs
1 blood/fire shrimp
5 blue leg hermits
1 scarlet hermit
1 big mexican turbo
2 astrea turbos
2 nassauis snails
and a bunch of pods, bristle worms, dusters, and a star!
well i do have some bad news though
........... the clowns are going into the hospitol tank tomarrow when its all set up cause one of them has ich
and he wont go near the shrimp, even though the shrimp has tried to chase him down to give him a good scrubb'n! and i plan on removing the blue legs and getting scarlets cause the one big blueleg has
killed 2 smaller ones for no reason! well enjoy and please leave some feedback!

perfectdark

Looks good, my bta just found its resting place i think. Likes where it is and is out of the way of everyone. Sorry to hear about your clowns. Those are true percs? wow they really look like falses.

bpaul1201

yea one is a true and the other is a false i think but not sure if there going to make it they have ich and they are not eating anything that i put in the tank for them...live,pellets,flake! i'm probly going to take them back and get store credit for them, and then just order online cuz i need somemore cleaning crew and a few other things!

bpaul1201

well heres an update! one of the clowns passed on to the ocean in the sky! the other one is doing great eating like a pig also got her an anemone and that thing is eating everything that i give it! the lil clown loves her new buddy she sleeps in it at nite when the lights are out so i'm posting this pic of her that i took and it woke her up but she went back to sleep in no time,that is after she saw the light
but i might be going to get some frogspawn today that i saw at the lfs but other then that all is good!

cjason3041

i am way late in the post, but i would not worry about a heater....you will build plenty of heat.....i struggle to keep mine cool in the winter

bpaul1201

yea i need to get rid of my heater no need, the tank is in my room were i have an a/c window unit that i keep on 73 with a fan circulating air! and the tank stays between 74-78 degrees depending on the time if day; i'm currently cleaning the pump and changing filters and doing the water change and my monthly vaccum of the tank! but other that all is good! thanks

clay12340

If your tank is staying between 74 and 78 turn your heater up to 78 and leave it in. You still want the heater to avoid any significant drops in temperature.

bpaul1201

i was never able to get the heater in the tank no place realy to put it! but the temp is very stable it stays within that range but its usually at 76.5 but everything is doing great hermit and shrimp molt at least 2 times a month and the snails are still around doing what it is that they do! but not worried about the heater issue! thanks for the helpful advice!