My new 150g ready for fish, please approve wish list

tranquility

My new 150 is ready to stock, Can I put the following fish together, over time of course.
Red stripe snapper (Juv.)
Volitair lion (juv.)
Clown trigger ( juv.)
Queen angel ( juv.)
Other Ideas welcome !!!!!
already have 10 damsels to cycle.
also used a cycling agent to jump start tank.
300g wet/dry Sealife
with large skimmer built in.
Rainbow U/V
Little Giant 3MDQX-SC
2- 125 gph Bio wheels
Dual overflows:confused:

tranquility

I forgot to say, I have a 3" argonite sand bed and about 10 lbs of LR. We are going for the sparse bottom look.
Also have a very large hermit approx. 10" tall when standing.
He may be temporary:p

dubba-r

Well, my tank specs are below. Got a V.lion, and a queen and I can say they get along pretty well. But sometimes the lion snaps at the queen when it comes to feeding time. My lion is quite big and likes to hog the space where I feed them. But other than that, there are no problems. The only thing I would advise is to keep your water parameters in good shape cause lions are messy eaters and angels need good water quality. Also, I would get more LR cause angels like to hide when it comes to night time and atleast wait a couple of months for your tank to mature before adding angels.

holacanthus

Red stripe snapper get large and are gluttonous feeders! Lions and Triggers sometimes don't get along, some triggers just think of the long fins as chew toys but hey each fish is individualistic and you may not have ant problems.

db

You may have thought of this by now, but those damsels are going to be food for your lion and grouper.

ocellaris_keeper

Excllent list - you could add an eel providing the fish are too big to fit in it's mouth. As far as the damsels go - you picked a goo dnumber of fish that will "naturally" eliminate the cycle fish.
I think this is the right approach to using damsels in a tank for cycling and then wanted to remove them - the natural way (though selection)
Enjoy the carnage.

clown jr

this sounds like a very exciting tank. be ready for the clown trigger if you get one, they are crazy fish who will tear up everything. they move rock, will sometimes eat little crabs, sometimes even bite the heater or skimmer ( experienece at my store- it wasnt fun ). so be prepared for the many possible mishaps, BUT it will be AWESOME! cool fish choices :)

dubba-r

135 GAL FISH ONLY SYSTEM
BERLIN CLASSIC SKIMMER
25 WATT UV
30 GAL WET DRY/ REFUGIUM
1/4 HP CHILLER
2 UGF
6" SOHOL TANG
5" NASO TANG
8" LIONFISH
5" PUFFER
5" POWDER BLUE TANG
6" SAILFIN TANG
5" CLOWN TRIGGER
5" QUEEN ANGLE
45" OF FISH IN A 135 GAL ALL TOGETHER FOR A YEAR
SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
WHOA!! We almost have the same size tank but I just cant picture all those fishes in a 135. For me, i am already hesitant to add another fish cause I just dont see enough swimming room for another. But thats my opinion. Theres some pretty huge fishes in there, but if its working good for you then I guess congrats on successful fish keeping.

john franklin

all of my fish have grown together- it has been about 1.5 years now I guess. I did add slowly over a month or 2. I used hospital tanks and made sure they were healthy before they went into the main system.
when we got them they were much smaller- they grew very fast- now we are so attatched to them all, and they are extremely healthy that I am just waiting to see what happenes. soon I am sure someone will have to go- but choosing one will be hard.
with this many fish- nitrates run at 50 to 60
even with a deep sand bed and all this filtration
I have an automatic water changing system and I change 20 gal of water every other week.
your wish list if fine- you should have no problems- just keep an eye on those fluvals