my new 28 nano

gnjeff

i just picked up my new nano today. I'm done upgrading the 12 gal.so my son and i threw down with this 28 hqi. he cant Waite he wants a Anemone so bad and the 12 does not have the light for it. i would like to know what mods to do be for i set this thing up. should i just pull out the center filter stuff and do a Refugium? thanks for the info.
The ultimate reef series biotope!
JBJ launches its MEGA powered 28g Nano-Cube HQI-Reef Series. The new 2007 model incorporates many high-tech features not commonly found in "All-In-One" systems.
The new concept behind the 28g Nano-Cube HQI was inspired by hundreds of reef hobbyists who requested higher powered lighting, protein skimming, increased water circulation, a more simplified filter, storage area in the stand for chillers, and designated water level columns in the rear chambers for heaters, refugiums and protein skimmers.
Our challenge was to offer these key features while still keeping the aesthetic appeal and contemporary look of an integrated canopy and allowing for future mod ability. The 28g Nano-Cube HQI-Reef Series is truly the evolution of years of experience since the original Nano-Cube Aquarium, which launched the small "All-In-One" tank market just 4 years ago.
Take a look at the many features added to make your Nano Cube experience a success!
(1) 150W HQI/14K
(4) Nite-Vu LEDs with Separate Power cord
(2) UL-Listed Accela Powerheads (266gph each/16W each)
(2) Directional flow nozzles on each side of the aquarium
(1) Ocean Pulse Duo—Alternating WaveMaker
(1)Protein Skimmer (counter current) with Air Pump
(1) Integrated center overflow
(1) Newly redesigned filtration system with designated heater column and protein skimmer column with constant water levels
(4) Integrated cooling fans (3000rpm`s)
(1) Flame retardant ABS canopy housing
(1) Integrated thermal protector for canopy (auto shut off protection)
(1) Removal filter media basket with handle and sliding door for easy access
(1) Filter media—sponge, activated carbon, ceramic rings

nissan577

well congrats on the new nano. im pretty sure you will lots of fun with it. with my 29 nano i replace the return pump with a maxi-jet 1200. and so has my friends with there 24 and 29gallons. what i do know is that the 28gallon has dual pumps. i would put two 1200 or 900 maxi-jets on it. and as for a refugium put chaeto with a submersible light. and your done. people might say to add lr but it will be hard to clean the detritus that collects there. so chaeto is the best way to go. plus i would also get a chiller. since its a closed hood tank it wont get much cool air. HTH

premilove

the only problem i had with 2 MJ 1200s is that its hard to maintain water levels in rear chamber with both pumps running. i keep one off and i added a koralia nano in the tank. more than enough flow for me! the tank is great despite heat, i just added azoo cooling fans and tank never exceeds 81! congrats! any plans?

gnjeff

thanks for all the replies. i will definitely ditch the filter part and go with the chaeto stuff. I'm looking to set it up in my basement so hopefully not to run into a heat problem.what consist of a chiller and how does it work? i see some are expensive hate to sink more money in it but thats the Price we pay for this great hobby. I'm definitely checking out other threads on what to do to this tank cant wait to get it running