My new 45 set up!

B

bonita69

Ok I have started my 45
. It will be a seahorse tank, and if things go well by Aug. 2008 I should beable to add my first Seahorse pair.
I will have to figure my sump out because the 10g would not fit just a tad to wide
So I will shop around and see what I can get under it. May build it myself.
Anyway here it is I ran out of water so(just did water change on my 92) I will finish filling tomorrow so I can get my filters going.
What have I installed so far.
40lbs of rock and live sand, cheap lights with Atinics, 800gph powerhead to start.

yerboy

always a pleasure looking at your post. gl with your new tank and i will follow this one as im interested in turning my 54gallon corner into a SH tank soon.

J

jrthomas40

yeah why so long???....i think it would be a great idea to do a custom sump...you could go back and look at SCI tank build and see how he made his acrylic sump

B

bonita69

from what I have been reading it says 6 months before my tank will be ready for SH. I would like that to old teaching but I don't know. Meanwhile I will could put some little fish in there that is SH friendly. I think mostly why to wait that long is for good strong pods pop. But I will have tank raised SH that eat frozen. SO I don't know if I have to wait that long or not.

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
http:///forum/post/2498243
yeah why so long???....i think it would be a great idea to do a custom sump...you could go back and look at SCI tank build and see how he made his acrylic sump
Thanks man!!

G

gbell5

Looks nice. I just started my 65 today. Its very exciting. If you get a chance tomorrow. That LFS I told you about does seminars once a month. Tomorrow they are doing one about fish disease and prevention. They are very helpful. It starts at 1 and goes till 3. There is no charge and you can show up when ever you like. Good Lock on the new tank.

B

bonita69

Ok we are filled up and here is my starting point.
03/02/08

Ph-7.8
Alk-3.43)( 9.6Kh
Nitate-0
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
Cal-380

B

bonita69

Yes just added them today since my water was so good!!

B

bonita69

***Update***
03/04/2008

Ph-8.2
Ammonia-.50
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Alk-5.14-KH-14.4
Cal-400