my new acro!

flip_x

Hey just picked this up last week.. what you think about it? does it look healthy?
at night the polyps extend but not as much during the day?
Thanks
Cedric

Oh whats the name of it? i know its just a tri color acro!

alix2.0

a little, i guess. finger leathers are soft though and acros (and other SPS) are hard. i guess if you were just comparing pictures or had only ever seen one in real life they could look similar.
finger leather-

anyways, thats a great looking acro. hope it does well for you. i have one in my tank that grows like crazy and is bulletproof. its the only SPS that ive had do well for me.

stanlalee

acropora secale. there really only two common acro tri-color: valida's and secales. I'm almost 90% sure you have a secale.

spanko

WOW! If Stanlalee is correct that could color up to be dark purple with green polyps, of course with the correct lighting and tank parameters.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3066756
WOW! If Stanlalee is correct that could color up to be dark purple with green polyps, of course with the correct lighting and tank parameters.
oh lets not get the hopes up that high, lets bring it down to eath

flip_x

LOL it would be nice if it where that deep of a purple! i think its growing nicely.. the person i bought it from fragged a peice off and where he fragged it off is covered with purple and green dots..
do you think it was just really brown looking like that because of a 10k light? thats all i have is a 10k no atinic till now
this is on a 20k