My New Addition to the 75 Reef

yerboy

Originally Posted by KwikNezy1
I lowered my Salinity to 1.025 today ( added some fresh water from the culligan woman ) temperature is now stable at 78.7 degrees even with the lights on. So that makes me really happy. as for the .2 in phosphates, that is the lowest my test kit goes to. It is a Seatest Kit.
I also talked to my LPS today ( my friend who work there ) guess where they keep their salinity..1.019 so yes that is a considerable jump to my 1.027. So i was not acclimating them slow enough. Also He apologized for the mishap and gave me a 120.00 credit towards fish ( no corals ... darnit) he felt guilty for not telling me...even though i have lost way more than that, but hey i cant complain..atleast it is something.
So maybe i am on the right track now. I hope one day to be able to keep tangs.
Pet Palace?
I shop there alot to and i will not buy Tangs or clowns from them. Everyone i get from there is dead within 2-3 days.
Any other fish from there i have great luck with. I order my clowns and tangs offline. Maybe its just my luck i dunno.

kwiknezy1

Originally Posted by yerboy
Pet Palace?
I shop there alot to and i will not buy Tangs or clowns from them. Everyone i get from there is dead within 2-3 days.
Any other fish from there i have great luck with. I order my clowns and tangs offline. Maybe its just my luck i dunno.

I get most of my corals there.. But here lately it seems that they have went up alot on them.. so i have not purchased anything from them in a while. I purchased the powder at L&L I know Wade. He always gives me a deal on things, but here lately everytime i get a fish from him they die... The only thing i have had to live was the 2 clowns.. It has gotten to where i dont purchase anything from this town anymore, the last foral that i got had freaking bas anemenies all overit.. now they are all over my tank..

kwiknezy1

Originally Posted by mindelina13
have u ever put copper into your tank? cause tangs are very sensitive to copper.

I did have copper in my QT. So i messed up. I have already purchased another 35 gallon for a QT.

psusocr1

i dont think you should stress about this tang..its one of the # 1 leading tangs to get ich (ppowder brown as well) they need such pristine conditions a large tank tankmates there comfortqable withetc. etc.. i always joke around when people have powder blues or browns and say i dont evan want to look at it because if i do it will get ich...its just how sensative they are

brandon7491

even though i doubt 99.9% this is the problem. maybe its ur tank? like the smallness of it being 75 gallons. also i think ur lfs might not be getting quality fish. what i mean by that is they are not being handled correctly during capturing,to much stress,not proper diet,ect ect.. so many variables

crimzy

Originally Posted by brandon7491
even though i doubt 99.9% this is the problem. maybe its ur tank? like the smallness of it being 75 gallons.
I agree with this. Honestly, a powder blue, a naso??? These fish never had a (long-term) chance in your tank. Also, how do you choose your fish? Do you have the lfs feed the fish to make sure they are eating? Do you get fish that just came in from shipments? If you are a regular there and catch the new fish as soon as they come in, this could be your problem.
I find it hard to believe that it's just the lfs. IMO, regardless of the lfs, there are physical signs of a healthy/sick fish. If you choose well, that will lessen the risk of having these guys die. No offense, but something tells me that the problem is in your tank and not at the lfs. The key is to figure out what. However you'll make your life much easier if you make better choices in fish from the get-go. Try a kole tang that is eating and has been at the lfs for several weeks next time and see if you have better results.

seattle

Yeah the tank is way 2 small for most of the tangs you picked,Including the Powder Blue.
The tangs I have luck on are a pretty random combo.Sailfins,Atlantic Blues,and Foxfaces*I like to consider them tangs* I know Atlantic Blues don't usually do well but the one I ordered from Swf did good believe it or not.

If you want a tang i'd say only a Kole or Foxface :l