My new addition

duke13

Divided Wrasse aka Potter's Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon geoffroyi)
Man he is awesome.
If you google search for Leopard Wrasse pics, you'll see pics of mature ones with black spots. However, mine has white spots with an orange-blue background. I do believe my is a male (I guess their color is very different from the female).
He has burrowed himself into my sand and I haven't seen him since. I bought him from a LFS (not a chain pet store, a SWF only store run by a lady I know). She said when she first got him in the tank, she thought he didn't make it because he disappeared. Turns out, he was burrowed under the sand for almost 2 weeks. I hope he resurfaces soon, he is a joy to watch.

duke13

Originally posted by pufferman
I heard they're quite challenging to feed...Has it started feeding yet? Anyway, an awesome-looking fish!

They have needs similar to Mandarins. They burrow under the sand and eat pods. But they also accept meaty foods like mysid and blood worms. I did a lot of research before I picked him up.
He's by far my favorite fish, almost as if he was one of my own kids :D

duke13

After a day and a 1/2 of camping under the sand, my wrasse has finally emerged. He's eating just fine. I put some mysid in the tank and he ate it right off of the sand bottom.